07 July 2008

Our 4th on the 6th




Gary requested some fireworks that he could play with when he got home - so I sent Ryan off with a money limit and he came home with one box. We were a bit dissapointed, but on Sunday decided to have our own 4th of July - and at 9:00pm we went out front. Set off the first one. The boom rattled the windows and dogs started barking. We had 'real' fireworks!


We were all laughing nervously since we have never had such large fireworks, and we were pretty sure the neighbors were no longer our friends. The second one seemed louder even though we know they were all the same size. I was trying to photograph them and they kept drifting over our house and I really did not want to venture off the front porch since I would be in the 'blasting zone'. After the 6th we had a baby crying and decided that we would set the other 6 off tomorrow (today). Making friends all over the place.....

One day I might figure out how to take photographs of fireworks or anything at night. I didn't have time for F-stops or ISO speeds so just stuck my camera on night and started shooting.

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Ask Kacie and Stephanie- their firework pictures were really neat. But it probably was just their automatic settings on their cameras, I don't think they are way into photography and manual settings like you are.