30 August 2008

"Retail Therapy"

Gary is one of those lucky husbands that has a wife that feels better when she shops. My friend the other day put a name to it that I had not heard: "Retail Therapy". Currently it is cheaper than the real thing, unless you count everything I have purchased for my big Super Saturday - which has been a blessing. It is a huge distraction and a lot to do - Super Craft Saturdays don't get done by themselves ... and I decided not to delegate so that I HAD to get up and do something. Currently I am proud to announce it is a week away and all I have to do is find a few funnels and buy some ink pads - did the rest this week - so I didn't sit and stare at the walls all of the time. Now just pretty much terrified with the amount of extra time that leaves in the next 161 hours (exactly).

I found this box and it felt 'right' - so, I bought it. Don't know where it lives right now we just stare at each other kinda getting use to the idea of having a Willow Tree box living in the house with me.

Of course, it was the quote that clinched it: "Protect and cherish, give wings to fly".

I sit at my desk and look at it and wonder if she was ready when I pushed her out of the nest ... I guess time will tell....

2 comments:

Val and Marceil said...

Maybe none of us are ready when it comes time to leave the nest. But we always have help. Heavenly Father did his best for each of us before He sent us here to earth and to start all over again. Each of us must learn again to crawl, walk and talk, but even more importantly we also need to grow not just physically, but mentally and spiritually too. Heavenly Father continues to love us and He prompts us to do the right things. He sent His beloved son Jesus Christ to earth to antone for our sins so that even after all we can do, His sacrifice makes up the difference. At the end of our mortal probation we move to yet another sphere where we are still able to grow and learn and progress, but we are not hampered with physical limitations or mental handicaps. So our experience here on earth is part of Heavenly Father's plan that allows us to learn both fast and slow but only requires us to have the desire and to make the effort to the best of our abilities. And eventually we will find peace and rest and happiness that goes on and on.

Dad

Laurie said...

Lori,
Liz Pabst told me about your blog. I sat here this morning and read from the very start. I haven't known Jessie a long time, in fact, I've only been able to get to know her through her visits to Primary. But I have felt that very spirit you speak of when she is with us on Sundays. She is an amazing young women and I am so excited for this new adventure she is having. I'm also so very privileged to be able to read your blog and get to know you through your writing (which, by the way, is pure talent). Thank you for your honesty, testimony, and example of charity...the pure love of Christ. You are AWESOME.

love,
laurie stephens