01 September 2009

The Tuesday that Was Wednesday,


the Wednesday that was Thursday, and so forth ...

Can you be in two places at once? Neither can I - but my brain lately has been giving it a good try. I don't know if it is sleep deprivation or what, but if you ask me what time it is ... this second my brain will IMMEDIATELY spit out 5:50 Wednesday morning! No? Well, yeah, for Gary and I don't know why my mind has been tracking his time and not my own - it is clearly light outside and some guy is mowing a lawn so logic tells me that it is not ten minutes to 6:00 but in my mind it seems perfectly logical.

My new goal for the week is to try to stay in the here and now!

Photo for the day because my Irises are getting pretty:

Gotta go ...

it's about time to get up ...

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Beautiful Irises. I should really pick up some flowers for myself.

Shel said...

Your Irises are becoming very lovely now that they are opening up. Your mind is trying to live in two places and keep up with you and your hubby... it's got to be tough. I can understand how it would be hard for you to stay in the here and now.. good luck my friend :)

Vicki said...

How interesting. It's kind of like when you have a clock that is five minutes fast, you start subtracting five minutes from EVERY clock you see. Your brain looks at the clock and figure out what time it is for Gary. Kind of cool...

Kristie said...

When Brent was in Iraq, I could always tell you what time it was there, but I never mixed it up with my own time. That's interesting!