03 September 2009

Brain Mush


In my last post I mentioned that my brain seems to be stuck on Brisbane Time. A few thought that odd (as do I) but thinking back on the past 4 days ... that I am functioning at all seems to be impressive. I went 3 days with no sleep. NONE. Spent yesterday laying in bed hoping that I would doze off - but just set a record for myself in laying in bed for over 24 hours - hardly blinking. Yeah - I can't believe I just confessed that I lay in bed for that long - but .... SLEEP! It was going to come - I was sure of it!

I am not sure what is up. Empty house, getting back on my feet after being so ill, or just the joy of being me ... Whatever it is, I am hoping that it goes away soon.

Had my Doc call in some of my horse tablet sleeping pills to see if I could break this cycle of ... whatever and picked them up early this morning. Took one and lay down with the comforting feeling that all would be well when I woke up 8 hours later. Only it was 2 hours later. Wide awake. Staring at the walls. Sighed, gave up on sleep and got up.

Sleep eludes me ... for no reason. Maybe I just don't need it - but having my head tracking Brisbane time and my body clearly not in Brisbane tells me that, maybe, just maybe I need a titch of sleep.

I have my sights set on tonight!

It could happen ...

5 comments:

Shel said...

I am sure you need some rest. That is way too long with no sleep. It is amazing that you are functioning. I hope you can get some sleep. I am worried about you and want you to know that I am within a couple of minutes of you if you need anything. I love ya' my friend.

Robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I'm sorry you're having such a problem. I don't know how you can function with no sleep for so long. Here's hoping your sleeping pills kick in and you get a solid 8 hours tonight.

(The deleted comment was mine. I was signed in as Robert - and I hate that!)

Unknown said...

Amen to Laura's comment. How do you do it? I am not a friendly face/person when I'm lacking in sleep. Hope last night was better.

Jennifer said...

Sucky! I hope not to hear from you for a couple of days while you sleep.