21 September 2009

Update


Since people have asked and I have been trying to get rest and my mom will kill me with the phone off the hook and no update:

The ER called and said that my right lung was clear but that the left had something called 'atelectasis' and I would need to do a follow up in 4 - 6 months. I Wiki'ed the word and it comes back as 'a medical condition in which the lungs are not fully inflated' or collapsed lung. I am thinking mine is just partial since I am breathing and my O2 sats have to be better than they were - I can get out a sentence without gasping.

They also said they saw, man, I forget ... swelling, something, inflammation ... something with my gall bladder - so I am going back in tomorrow for an ultrasound.

I only had one question for them: regular ultra sound or something that involved tortuous devices, IV's, copper penny stew and what not - she said just regular.

I am such a wimp!

And nothing to worry about - that is the good part. (My own interpretation, not theirs - since I need some good news today ... trouble in my 'unblogable' trenches ...)

1 comment:

Liz said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers, friend.