28 September 2009

And Shes Off ...


In just a few hours I begin the process of getting myself to Australia again. This time with a bit of trepidation since my visit to the ER in Utah had doctors siting high altitude or plane flights as the cause for my pulmonary edema / pneumonia. I am on medication for altitude sickness just in case and it is making me feel funky! I pulled up the side effects and sure enough - that tingling in my fingers and my toes is completely normal. Also completely normal is that carbonated beverages taste different - booh! Don't spoil my Route 44!

So ... things will be fine and in a day or so I will be letting myself into Gary's beautiful apartment.

Lots of worries I am leaving behind which I think will dog me while I am gone, but will try to keep it under control. And a new season in Brisbane: Spring to experience. Don't know if things will be different enough to inundate y'all with new photos of the same thing ... just ... springy. Will have to wait and see.

This trip might be a little more sedate - see if I can get over what ever befell me while in Idaho / Wyoming. I envision leisurely morning walks, reading in the afternoon on the balcony and spending the evening with Gary.

What could be better?

7 comments:

Lori A said...

Have a fun trip! I hope you stay healthy on this trip!!

Laura said...

Here's hoping the next 24 hours (or however long it takes) pass quickly and uneventfully.

Enjoy your nice relaxing stay in Brisbane. I'm sure you will find stuff to photograph - you know we'll be watching for pictures!

Tell Gary "Hi!"

Court said...

Have FUN! We'll be looking forward to the obligatory photo of your crossed feet--this time your toes will be enjoying springy Brisbane!

Kristie said...

I am so jealous - I want to jet away to Brisbane and leave this place behind! Hope no sickness befalls you. Take lots of pictures for us.

Unknown said...

Yea for you! It's a place I've always wanted to go to. I love their accent and one of my favorite books (A Town Like Alice) takes place there. May it be a dream trip for you! Ditto on the need to take lots of pics for the rest of us.

Cherri said...

Enjoy, kick back, and read a good book. What could be better?

Sarah said...

That last paragraph you wrote sounds absolutely heavenly. I'll be praying that you won't experience any difficulty during your trip over and that instead of your worries dogging you, the time away will bring greater perspective and clarity. Have a fantastic time and enjoy every minute of it.