31 August 2009

Baby Steps


Um, apparently most of you took umbrage with my last post ... OK ALL of you took umbrage with my last post ...

So I thought I would post again with a new set of photos!

Got up this morning and wanted to fall right back in bed, which it states clearly in Rule #3 that I cannot, so I headed up to HEB to shop - since they sell pigs ears (for Charlie - yes, they are really pigs ears - I thought it was a Norwegian thing - apparently not) since she was out and that if I was a good girl - I could buy flowers.

I went with some cheap bunches since I don't have much faith I am going to be able to keep anything alive for very long:
We will have to wait a few days on this set:
Flowers make me happy and I like photographing them, so I believe I get every penny out of the flowers I buy.


I was then back to wanting to fall in bed and realized that I had been watching the clock - and had used up 1 hour - like I was on some flight to Australia counting down the hours - only the plane was a wee bit bigger. What? Why am I doing this? Why am I not just plugging away at my To Do list and getting on with things? I might not have popped out of that depression thing as easily as it felt like I had last night. So, wasted another hour pondering this when Linda called and we went out to lunch.

More flowers:



At a pretty little community for the disabled in Brookshire called Brookwood. It was very nice - I will have to look into how long their waiting list is (yeah, ADORABLE little community, wonderful residents and they will have an opening for my Jessie in the next century ... I am SUCH an optimist).

So I killed a few more hours and got home just in time to get a sleepy voiced call from Gary just waking up in Australia with his usual 15 minutes on the phone waking up with me ... nice.

Now it is 3:30 and I am watching the clock again. I am thinking that I have put off my speeding ticket long enough - and since it involves filling out multiple sections, each Notarized by a Notary and multiple cashiers checks or Money Orders I am sure steam will be coming from my ears soon enough (I just KNOW a rant on 'It's just not worth it' ... speeding, that is, is coming ...). So I am going to call the Judges office to make sure I have the 101 steps correctly aligned in just the right order and I am sure the lovely thing on the other end of the phone is SO going to care ...

... better get started ...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll comment after I go look up the word umbrage. Or ask Paul what it means.
p.s. what kind of camera/lens do you use?
p.p.s. Good on ya for not staying in bed today. Give yourself some credit!

Jennifer said...

Wow, you've really been having a time. Well, at least you are out of bed. The getting dressed rule is harder than some may think. Never mind showering. (Give my mom a call; she's in her robe every time I go over there!)

Lori Hurst said...

Sara - my camera I use primarily is a Canon Digital Rebel XTi with a Sigma telephoto lens. I also have a UV filter attached to it at the moment (and as a rule don't take it off).


My baby camera that is always in my purse waiting for that elusive two headed zebra to show up is a Canon PowerShot Deigtal ELPH - but I have been lusting after Garys little Nikon so I will probably replacing this one with a small one that fits in my purse but has a 6x zoom and 12 megapixels ...

Unknown said...

Thanks for the info. Are you self taught? Did you teach yourself PS? I would love to come learn from you when/if you'd let me. My dad has done photography for years (had a dark room in our house growing up) and recently helped me get a good camera, which is a fun challenge to begin learning. I haven't had a hobby for years, so it's exciting to me.
Crazy comment about the zebra; do I have a pic for you! I'll try and post it soon.

Lori Hurst said...

I'm mainly self taught. Gary has given me pointers on F-stops and low light conditions (he has taken photography classes) but I promptly forget it all.

Call me and we can set up a time to play with Photoshop - I really enjoy it.

Court said...

Tickets are the worst. You can try to make your paperwork special by adding curly q's to all your handwriting. I think they would really enjoy processing said paperwork.