08 August 2009

The Temperature War Heats Up ...

Gary didn't call this morning ...

Sad, lonely, wondering why? Is he in bed? Should I call and wake him up? No, it's after midnight there. Sigh ...

Log on, get my e-mail - the usual.

Oh, hmmm, here's an e-mail from Gary just an hour ago - weird the title is in Norwegian:

Hold deg klar, snart kan du sikre været

The e-mail says:

"My Norwegian is almost completely gone. What does this subject message say?"

My head explodes a little bit - it isn't pretty. I whip out an e-mail (OK, I'm not real proud of it, but in the heat of the moment ...)

I reply:

"I believe it says "You're a shit ..."

Your Norwegian IS almost gone, where did you come up with a sentence about perfectly clear weather?

You didn't call me this morning - you're in trouble ...

Me"

~~~

I feel like I fell into a verbal food fight and just got smacked in the face with a pie ...

So he whips out this e-mail then scurries off to bed without calling - the CHICKEN!!!

Man it is hot here, the monotony of it is just boring. The teeensy bit of rain we got yesterday was fun - it broke up the endless hours of sun and over 100 degree temps - but lasted, what 1o minutes?

I am so ready for fall, or winter or whatever the hell comes next in this part of the country ...

*****

Addendum:

A big Ooops just might be in order here.

Called Gary (it is 7:00am - so not too bad) got him out of bed to yell at him ... Asked him where he got the sentence (like I said his Norwegian cannot even compete with his Chinese). He seemed all confused and said that KLM sent it about The Netherlands. He mentioned that they probably have perfect weather there too right now....

He said he didn't call because he left the phone off the charger and the charge ran down, so maybe not a chicken either ...

... or maybe it is all an act ...


... or maybe I am just paranoid ...

2 comments:

Cherri said...

well, at least you got some exercise while "Jumping" to conclusions. That is my favorite exercise too, but probably not one that should be indulged in too often, as I am often wrong in trying to figure out someone else. Hope all is resolved now!

Jennifer said...

I wish I could think on me feet as fast as you do. That subject translation is priceless.