05 August 2009

Just Got a Call ...


... from Discover Fraud Prevention.

Hmmm, let me see? How did my day go?

Get up.

Start the budget, get Quicken updated, ran a 'how am I doing' report, got discouraged, exited out of Quicken. Got on at the bank, transferred funds to where they belong. Pay bills. Decided I had been such a good girl I could surf, play with photos, whatever for awhile ...

Ryan's up. Look at my list of things to do - hmmm - call UTSA for über parking pass Ryan was on the wait list for, pay tuition. Page him (yes, I page him using the phone because I am really that lazy to make my way to his room and get him). He comes down, we call, we find out what to do with the parking pass.

While we are in a UTSA mood, why don't we pay his tuition?

Done.

Since we will be going next Wednesday to wait for the cable guy (no, not for cable - Internet), and Ryan doesn't work today - it has been designated our 'apartment shopping' day.

Head to the kitchen for the same 'five finger discount' his father had when moving out:


A good start, so there's that, but not quite enough. Head to Target (sorry - so HATE Wal-Mart - can't do it ...).

Come home with a back seat full of kitchen stuff (the couch he bought from someone while I was in Australia). Odd, doesn't look like $500.00 worth of stuff ...


OK, well, I did buy our über (apparently my 'word of the day') expensive light bulbs for our kitchen since I came home to 6 out of 8 burned out - go figure. And a bit of food, and um, there were a few things that just happened to 'fall' into one of our two baskets:


Oooops, guess I will have to keep them!

So, since I used the Discover card for tuition, a bill and Target (I use it whenever I can - I'm loving the 'cash back' program) it was a busy day for my Discover - especially since you can't use Discover in Europe - ooops I feel like Australia is Europe - very Europeanish - but won't take Discover also - I didn't use it for 3 weeks.

So yeah, fraud prevention just wanted to know if I was on a crazy ass spending spree ...

... told them yes.

Tired - spending money does that to me, and spending and hour and a half at Target ...


... or is it jet lag?

3 comments:

Laura said...

Looks like a good day's shopping! I'm kind of glad Jeffrey's going to be in a dorm - we don't have to buy all that stuff (of course the cost of the dorm is outrageous...)

And it's kind of comforting to know that Discover is on the ball. I've had a credit card company call me a couple of times. Once they ruined Robert's surprise for me. He was working in Abu Dhabi and went to the Gold Market and bought me some bracelets. Our credit card company called home to make sure someone had used the credit card there. Needless to say, I was very excited to have him come home!

Cherri said...

Okay, what is the five finger discount? I'm lost. It is amazing how much "stuff" it takes to equip an apartment. And then they move home, and they don't fit back into their bedroom!

Lori Hurst said...

Gary uses the term - I was assuming it was a common phrase - it means just taking something without paying. So when I used it here - they both went through my kitchen and just took what they wanted - no payment necessary - thus - a five finger(the hand I am assuming)discount.