14 August 2009

Apartment Camping


You know, not as fun as it sounds ....

Came to bring the first wave of stuff to Ryan's apartment. Got some college stuff done, got some apartment stuff done, got Internet hooked up, got some job application stuff done - so a necessary trip and a good one - just the 'camping' part of that title ... not so much fun.

No furniture - so TV trays and camp chairs for desks:



The kitchen we did get 'moved in' - so that is behind us and we at least had plates, etc:

One blow up mattress for Mom and the floor for Ryan (until I got up) made for not great sleeping arrangements:



But - and this is a biggie - a fully functional, stocked bathroom - you don't always get that camping so I can't complain:



A very tiring two and a half days - but got a lot done. Will be finishing up some time this afternoon and heading back home .... to sofas, and desks, and beds



Oh my!

6 comments:

Cherri said...

Are those white gloves I see in the last picture? Are you checking for dust as you move in, or are you expecting Ryan to perform the white glove test each week on Saturday? His apartment beats a lot I've seen, way to go.

Lori Hurst said...

White gloves, yes - but my bath scrubbie gloves drying!

His apartment is clean, but not THAT clean!

And yes, I believe I found a cute little apartment in the price range we were looking for ...

Jennifer said...

I caught a tiny glimpse of Ryan and Gary and you at church today. I was on the run (as usual), so I didn't see if Jessie was with y'all. I can't believe that Ryan is going to college.

Shel said...

Looks like a nice apartment... ahhh college life!! So, will his cute little couch be delivered in the next trip? I didn't see it in any pictures. You've been busy, but it must be fabulous to have Gary here :)

Lori Hurst said...

Jen - no, Jessie was not with us (picked her up after church) - but it was so nice to have Ryan there with us today. I can't believe Ryan is heading off to college either ...

Shel - no couch this time - we decided to rent a little trailer (covered) so we didn't load it in the back of the truck - just loaded up the Tahoe instead. I was worried we would not get it covered well enough if we ran into a rainstorm!

And, Yes - TOTALLY fabulous to have Gary home! (especially with the move ... which is why he came).

Laura said...

Oh the joys of college moving! In that respect, dorms are much easier - you don't need nearly as much stuff. I can't believe the little boys I had in Cub Scouts are now going off to college! How did that happen?!?

It was nice to see both of your "menfolk" at chuch with you. Too bad Gary doesn't get to stay for longer.