03 April 2013

Lori and the Wonderful, Marvelous, So Good, Very Nice Day ...


Today was a VERY   GOOD    DAY!!!


A very good day indeed ...



Not only did I have my "Über Wonderful Good Friend Bonne" acting as Chauffeur again, today was the day I got to see what hardware the Doctor put in my foot!

 
 
Pictures!!!
 
 
 
Of my Insides!!!



Yeah!!



I had mentioned in a previous post that I was going to take tape and on my way over to the doctors office, I was going to tape them to a window and take photos.



Which I did!!


I have titled this: X-Ray Garden:


Lovely grass and trees showing up through my bones ...
 
 
Not very helpful in actually seeing the x-ray but Ever-So-Cute - don't you think?



We headed over to the doctors office and had more of a wait than usual. I got so bored that I started snapping photos of EVERYTHING.
 
The buildings have a soothing 'Autumn' color and theme - I looove it!


Yes - I JUST KNEW you wanted a shot of the Waiting Room ...


You're Welcome ...



And I have been coveting this little beauty since I spied it:


Hmmm ... I HOPE it does not wander away someday ...



In someones scooter basket ...


 
Hidden ...
 
 
 
Under a sweater ...



And then I got to go in and find out the ... news.


I am not an optimistic gal these days, and ever since a Taxi Driver decided to send me flying and slamming into his dashboard, I have been a little worried that I had seriously done some damage.  I was so sure the Doctor was going to tell me that I had damaged his work and that he was going to have to start all over.


I know - being a pessimist didn't come easy for me - it took YEARS and YEARS of training! And now - I just expect the worst and then I am not so devastated when exactly that happens.  This has worked exceptionally well for me for years and years and saved me a TON of heartbreak ... 
 
 
And it comes with a built in bonus! Anything better than what I am expecting is a perk!


The nurse displayed my bones and new accoutrement's in all their glory on the lightbox in my room.  Since these do not have trees growing out of them, I chose to use these photos instead of my Tape-Them-On-A-Window-And-Photograph-The-Crap-Out-Of-Them photos:

 
 

First photo was looking straight down at my foot:



And a LOVELY closeup:


 
 
The view with my foot at a 45 degree angle:


 
 
Aaaand the closeup:


 
 
My foot laying sideways:

 
 

And, of course, the closeup:



He came in and said "Let's take a look."  And wandered over to the x-rays as I held my breath ...
 
 
 
And then he said it!

 
 
I was STUNNED!

 
 
This was simply not what I expected ...
 
 
 
not by a long shot.

 
 
"It looks perfect." he proclaimed



Wow!


He went on to say that I should continue to do what I have been doing (he probably DIDN'T really mean that since the first time I put on the boot since my last appointment with him was THIS MORNING ...) and then come back in three weeks ...
 
 
 
And THEN ...
 
 


... WAIT



I have to calm down ....



Breathe ...



Breathe ...

 
 
Breathe ...
 
 
 

THEN I CAN START WALKING ON IT!!!
 
With the boot on, of course, but I DON'T CARE -

 
 
WALKING!!
 
 

On my own two feet -
 
 
 

WALKING!!




OH, how I've missed you ...
 
 
 
No more trapped in the house ...
 
 
 
No more begging people for rides ...
 
 
 
 

WALKING!!!




Now that was really, really the best news possible - I am deliriously happy.


And for good measure - he took my receipt for the invoice of the Prescription Transdermal Cream that contains:

(I actually looked up each of the ingredients listed)
 
 
- NO LESS than five - FIVE! - Pain Relievers
 
 
- FOUR Muscle Relaxants
 
 
- THREE Anesthetics (including Ketamine - KETAMINE!!)


...and a Partridge in a Pear Tree ...


Like I said - he took my receipt (he had asked me to bring it in when it arrived in the mail, but not explain why) and said he would take care of it and I didn't owe anything.


OK ...



Headed out with Bonne and enjoyed some cooler weather and admired the tree I always admire when I am receiving Door-To-Door Service at this location:



And on to home!


We had laughed that the sight my yard has become on the way out so I was fully prepared to take photos when we got back.


With all the rain, and with some SERIOUSLY FUNKY MULCH - we seem to have -  overnight - sprouted our very own Mushroom Farm!


They are growing in lovely little villages all over our yard ... but ONLY in the mulch:


 
 
They are THE MOST ADORABLE little villages!


 
 
I was taking shots out of Bonnes car with my Purse Camera and it was set to 'Landscape'.  In landscape mode the flash is disabled, and since it was overcast - the shutter speed was rather long and I was a titch bit shaky and thus my photos were pretty much crap.
 
Most shots were exceptionally crappy - but a few were salvageable - those above, for example, were the best of the best.


What was seriously NOT the best of the best - but Ever So Cool in its own right is this here photo:


It makes a lovely graphics paper that could be used for several things. How did it come to be?
 
 Apparently I accidentally took a photo while I was trying to position myself to get a more stable shot. Since the shutter speed was so slow and since I must have been whisking my camera through a view of the mulch and grass at the time - I ended up with this!
 
Most times this happens you just end up with a blurry, crappy shot - but every now and again - purely by accident - you end up with something completely lovely! 
 

I have a 10x zoom on my Purse Camera with a little more electronic zoom added in for good measure. Generally I don't extend into the electronic portion of the zoom because it seriously degrades the photo, but I wanted to zoom in as much as I could - so these are crappier than the others but aren't these just the CUTEST?
 

 
I so wish I were 'mobile' - I would have taken all my Playmobil out there and set up some fun tableau's!


A dude wielding a sword and a mushroom cut in half, picnics under the 'canopy', etc, etc, etc - the possibilities are endless ...
 
 
 
 
And here I sit ...  trapped ...
 
 
 
I got in the house, said goodbye to Bonne and grabbed my bigger camera and tried to get what I could from the open doors. It was very, very underwhelming to say the least.

Out back we have a few villages that I can see. Here are some hiding out by the back fence:


 
And DANG! Just think what I could have done with THIS CAMERA from Bonne's car! By the time Gary got home to help me outside with my scooter it was raining ...


Here is a tree in the backyard that, I guess since I could see it - was not as affected as much as the ones that are hidden to me while I am trapped inside my house:



Still ... some little cuties:



Little gangs cropping up all over:



I am assuming that by the time I get a chance to get out there ...
 
 
With good weather ...
 
 
And the right camera ...
 
 
And a spotter ...
 
 
They will all be dead and gone ...


Now THAT was the pessimist in me talking ....



But - who knows?


Maybe they will just keep increasing and growing bigger and more beautiful and plentiful and more 'Village-y' and when I DO get out there - I will get some simply FANTASTIC shots!


If my doctor can give me a 'Perfect' today - I am pretty sure I can nab me some pretty photos of fungus ...



Look at me! All optimistic and whatnot ...



I better watch out - it's looking like it might be contagious ....




... and spreading fast!

1 comment:

Just a thought... said...

That one extra long pin looks kind of random. I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what it's purpose is???