13 April 2013

Having a Seizure Was NOT On My Bucket List ...

Having a seizure IS NOT FUN. Especially if you are conscious the entire time.

This is what happened at our house last night. I had been super ill and when Gary asked if it was time for the ER, as I nodded my head yes, I started seizing up and shaking.

I was super scared that I had lost control of my body. The seizing up felt like I was trying to pull my body apart. The actual shaking also had a destructive feel to it.

For comical relief - as I lay there seizing saying in my head: "Holy Crap! I'm having a seizure! I'm so scared! I'm so scared!" Both Gary and Ryan were yelling in my face: "Lori! You are having a seziure!" I cannot remember if they moved on from that to pithy anecdotes and sage advise in the form of

"Keep Calm and Carry On"

or if, at that point they just stood there and stared . But, oh! How I wished I could have got out a "Well, duh" to their initial statements!

I do, at one point remember Ryan calling 911 - so that was good thinking ...

And a minute or so in - the shaking begins to subside, my body only kinda wants to rip itself in two and I sigh the BIGGEST sigh of relief in my whole entire life.

I think I got something totally inane out of my mouth - "Help Me" - comes to mind when it STARTED ALL OVER AGAIN and suddenly I remembered the delibitating fear on my Airline Flight From Hell. You see, knowing what comes next makes it exponentially worse ...

Rode it out ...


And the next one.


By the time seizure number FOUR came crashing in, our Fire Department buddies were there too!


During a break of my Rocking and Rolling they bundled me into the ambulance to take me to parts very well known to me ...

At the hospital it was discovered that I was paralyzed on my right side. It FELT SO WEIRD! They would squeeze my hand and ask me if I could feel it? I would reply "Sort of but that IS NOT my hand ... It isn't even where my hand should be!" All the while staring right at MY HAND ... Right where they were pointing!?!

 

And when they asked me to move my right hand - I searched and searched for it but it was nowhere to be found so I told them I must have lost it ... I couldnt find it anywhere.

 

They stopped asking me questions like that ...

 

Today (Saturday) has been a fun-filled whirl wind of tests ...

and more tests.

Don't even know yet when I get to go home ...

I apologize for all the mistakes - my seizures have rendered me dsylexic ... or brain dead. It is taking me up to thirty seconds to find a letter on the keyboard - now THAT better shape up in a hurry!

**********

DANG! Bad news in the last seconds of the game - Doc does not like something on the MRI or MRA will be a guest here at least another day ....


Bleeehhh


(at least they have wireless ...)

 

6 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Good gravy Lori!!! I'm almost afraid to read your blog for fear of what might be coming next. Yikes! :( I'll be praying for you, and the doctors that they'll quickly get this figured out so you'll be able to go back home soon. Take care. ...and NO MORE Seizures kiddo!

The Sullengers said...

My week of throw up just got out on the 'not so bad list' compared to your week! Hope all turns out well and you never have to experience that again!!! Prayers coming your way

Cherri said...

You are in my prayers! Shoot!

Jenni Huskey said...

We will keep you in our prayers!

Cherri said...

I just realized something. I think any posts that I make are relative to Texas time! My previous post was at 3:36 Idaho time, and Cara's must have been 2:00 Washington time. Makes sense in a crazy sort of way, but kind of trippy too. You know, the whole "I'm seeing Cara's comment at 3:15 but it shows it as posted at 4:00 pm" kind of psychic pre-cognition thing?

I hope as I am writing this that the doctors have figured out something positive that will help you go home earlier.

Lori A said...

Do keep us posted. Hugs!!! vicki
(We're in boise for Brooke's baptism)Am