07 April 2013

Our Two Years Supply ...

In my last post, I mentioned that I had been merrily editing photos for a post when my foot and body decided to rebel.

Today I scootered out to my desk and dumped the photos in a post, then scootered back to bed to finish it ib bed with the Blogsy App.

I felt it was rather appropriate to blog about The Hurst Two Year Supply on Conference day ...


Let me back up a bit ...

We have this routine with Jessie each Sunday. I could try to come up with a nicer, less awful term ... but right now I just don't have the energy. Basically we bribe Jessie to go back to her house each Sunday. Yes BRIBE ...

Oddly, she doesn't even mind living there and always tells me she had fun at "Rachel's house" which is the name of one of her aids - it is what she calls the group home she lives in. But she does like to put on a production, so we started bribing her with a goody bag each time she was here.

This has stopped the production but she has come to expect the "Surprise" as she calls it. She has also started to request things! She has been asking for coloring books which I usually have, but not being able to get to the store, my 'stash' is sorely depleted.

I got on the web and was discouraged with the selection and price of coloring books at amazon so I Googled "cheap disney princess coloring books" and found a FANTASTIC site just chock-full of Disney Princess party favors!

I had a BLAST perusing the site and grabbing anything and everything that I thought Jessie would like and dumped it in my virtual cart. The total was ridiculously low and I ordered it all.

It showed up on Friday and I unpacked it - alternating between squealing in delight and laughing hysterically:





Here we have our ten or so 'Pencil Sets', our Ginormous 'Stickers Galore' packs ... sadly only of Tink and Minnie as the Princess set was back ordered, and the four 'Princess Dry Erase' sets:





Moving along we get to the twenty 'Bitty Princess Notepads', the thirty sets of 'Princess Crayons' (6 to a box ... colors assorted), the ten 'Color Yourself Princess Puzzles', and the fifteen 'Princess Puzzles':




Here is a duplicate of some things and oozing over into the generic portion:




The mailboxes? Ah, yes - those are mine! They were dirt cheap and as they suggested they would make great gifts filled with candy I agreed whole heartedly so I got six in each color ...




I really thought these itty bitty Dry Erase Sets were adorable, and since Dry Erase markers stains are impossible to get out ... I'm super happy that she will be taking them elsewhere!



Thought these 'Color Yourself Puzzles' were adorable online ... in real life Snow Whites crazy eyes are sort of scaring me ...

It also has a little sign saying: "Even more fun when used with Crayola products". I don't think her bitty six pack of Princess crayons are Crayola, but I bet she still has fun ... if Snow doesn't hypnotize her first, that is ...




Um ... Here are the generic markers and crayons. I think there are 48 wee boxes of crayons - I forgot to remove one set when I found a better set, so I am out two whole dollars ...


I don't even dare count the bitty markers ...




I don't have individual photos of the coloring books, the activity books and other things - I DID take photos, but was not well enough to get them 'Blog Ready' and I had enough photos ... so I gave up and used what I have.

The pile is rather small and tidy:




And Jessie Girl seemed thrilled with her 'Variety Pack' she got today:






By my estimation, we have AT LEAST two years worth of crayons, markers and paper of some sort (and all for less than $100.00!) ...


If you add this to my penchant to hoard Post-It's, and notepads if the Apocalypse arrives, while y'all are eating your beans and rice we will be merrily starving to death ...


But we will have the most colorful and princessey journals documenting our demise! And also have something to do while we are dying ...

I call it a win - win situation even if we ARE dead at the end ... we will have had fun getting there ...


And isn't that what is important?

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Wow. Don't know what else to say! Wow! I do like the mailboxes.