19 April 2013

Right Back Where We Started From

I was sooooo happy to be home! When was that? A day ago? Two? Its all intertwined in my head and I don't know anymore ...

 

Got it ... there is a reason to keep those 'Discharge Papers'! Arrived home Tuesday around five in the afternoon. I felt fine, happy to be somewhat mobile, a fresh outlook on the days ahead.

 

We had dropped off my prescriptions on our way home. Gary was headed to the store for groceries and would pick them up after shopping. He arrived with my bags of meds and I was done - other than setting up two Dr appointments and begging someone to take me there, I was set.

 

For about twelve hours ...

 

Apparently all those meds coursing through my veins when I arrived home was deluding me into thinking that I was fine.

 

I was not fine ...

 

Not even a little bit ...

 

Around three in the morning I was right back where I was when the seizures started.

 

 

This was not a good thing.

 

 

While puking in a garbage can and feeling like I had a very, very bad case of the flu, I realized that my ever present headache was rather severe. This caused me to panic a bit and to try to keep a few pills for nausea down.

 

No go ... whenever I tried to take anything - within a matter of seconds I was violently ridding myself of it. This was not fun.

 

On Wednesday, I lay in bed freezing, yet soaking wet from sweating. This was not fun.

 

My migraine had grown to monumental proportions ... I could not move, talk or - well - basically breathe without a thunderous response and more dry heaves.

 

Gary had got through to my Doctors office requesting a prescription of either Zofran or Phenergan suppositories. They said they would call it in and Gary picked it up on his way home from work. This was not fun ...

 

Since we knew that getting my meds in me - and KEEPING my meds in me - was the most important task at the moment - this was all I worked on.

This was not fun.

 

We discussed when do we head back to the hospital? I didn't want to wait for seizures, but I was tired, and any movement seemed impossible so I just tried to sleep.

 

On Thursday, my wonderful friend Linda took in my prescriptions for morphine and had them filled. I had worked out a system for trying to keep my meds down.

 

Phenergan suppository ... Wait one half hour ... Drink one half cup milk ... Wait one half hour ... Take meds ... Cross my fingers and use every trick in my book on not retching.

 

This did not work, but I was able to stop my heaving and did not lose much. This was the first time I actually got my meds in me. It was Six O'Clock in the morning on Thursday ...

 

After one hour I was pretty sure that my set of meds was staying down and so I took the rest. I realized that my headache was a bit better - I breathed a sigh of relief, rolled over and fell asleep. Now THIS was fun ...

So ... my days are built around swallowing a couple of Zofran tablets ... Wait one half hour ... Drink one half cup milk ... Wait one half hour ... Take meds ... Cross my fingers and use every trick in my book on not retching.

 

So far, so good!

 

This evening Gary noticed my bruises and mentioned that it might be a good idea to take 'Before' photos in order to show he was not beating on me! Lovely ...

 

 

 

 

So .... Hopefully I will get to mail - I sorta, kinda have not gone through the mail since my fun filled taxi ride home from my doctors appointment. Which was a month ago ,,,

 

This is not a good thing ...

 

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Oh, Lori, my heart goes out to you. Hang in there, it HAS to get better (since it can't get much worse). You are in my prayers and thoughts.