16 April 2013

I'm Home!!!

My goodness was that EVER SO MUCH FUN!

 

Not.

 

Made me wait a bit longer than I was happy with, but soon the paperwork was done, My Prince Charming had arrived and all that was left was a quick twirl past the Business Office for my John Hancock ...

This does NOT look like a business office ...
But since this is in view:

I'm not complaining.

Aaaand we're off!

The Carriage awaits!

A quick ride home and I transfer from one bed to another ...

Using my Super Duper Scooter - I actually shouted out that I LOVED it and that I had MISSED it so ... All the while scootering to the back door ...

 

Got my wrist 'Finery' off just by slipping them off - that would have been good to know earlier ...

HOME

Gary brought me in a big ole mug of my Crystal Light drink and I am in heaven!

 

When I got in the truck for the drive home, I told Gary that I remembered the seizures and then I remember them taking my clothes off in the emergency room. Absolutely NOTHING in between.

 

I was rather uncomfortable with this ...

 

I asked him if I was in an ambulance? Yes.

 

He told me by the time the ambulance arrived, I had had two more seizures. They needed to get me on a stretcher, but when they asked me to sit up or help, I sorta just flopped around the bed - I am so glad no one was filming this event.

 

This was because I was paralyzed on my right side, but they didn't know that yet. He said they had to carry me out to the stretcher in a sheet since the stretcher could not round the corner into our room and I was being "Little Miss Uncooperative".

 

I had a few more seizures in the ambulance ...

 

Somehow I got from the stretcher into an ER bed and then I was lucid again. Fun times. Fun times.

 

Now comes the icky ... OK, not icky - more like stupid stuff.


At first they thought the seizures were caused by my pain med withdrawal - if you recall, I was heaving my guts out every ten minutes and unable to keep any medication down. It seemed too soon for that, to me - but just let them run their tests.


All seemed normal until the Neurologist looked at my MRI and noticed some swelling. He is pretty sure this was the cause of the seizures.


And the cause of the swelling? High blood pressure. At least that is their best guess. They said it was very high that night.


And the reason for the high blood pressure ... in someone who was taking blood pressure lowering medication? Can you guess?


Hmmmm?


*sigh*


Yeah - I was not taking it. Bad, bad Lori.


When I broke my foot I decided to reduce the amount of meds I was on because ... well CLEARLY I was off my rocker and I couldn't reach them.


Apparently not being able to reach all your medications does not get you off of the symptoms they are helping.


I admit I am an idiot. And all I had to do was ask Gary to grab them for me.


So ... Boys and Girls - let this be a lesson ... TAKE YOUR MEDS! I know that I will not be making that mistake again ...


Oh! And lookie here all SEVEN of my NEW ... IN ADDITION TO ...prescriptions are ready for pick up! I simply cannot wait ...

 

2 comments:

Cherri said...

So hopefully since they figured out the cause and it is avoidable they didn't take your driver's license did they?

So sorry for all your troubles!

Vicki said...

Wow! Who knew blood pressure medication was that critical? So good you are home - although loving your scooter is a little iffy. :-)

Love you!!!!