26 December 2012

Cause Gary Says He "Needs To Be Done" ...


I told Gary my post title was going to be:

"So I Won't Tire Out Bonne ..."

But he was sitting out in his 'shop' sanding the final ... thingy down there and said:

"No it needs to say that Gary needs to be done."

But it really does not make much sense as a title at all - but saved me from being ever-so-rude to my good friend Bonne ...


Gary seems to be tiring of his latest obsession with boxes and is slowly grinding down to a halt. He will finish everything he has started, but then is moving on to a new project.

His latest batch were supposed to be two things - a Sewing Box and A Tray - but don't they just look ADORABLE together? Sort of like they are supposed to go that way .... with a ginormous bow tying them together ...



A shot with a Size 4 Shaker Jewelry Box to show the difference between them and the Size 7 Shaker Sewing Boxes and Trays:



In all its single splendid glory:



A little higher for a birds eye view:



Separated - like they should be ...



Taking the lid off ... tell me that tray isn't just the cutest thing ever? Hmmm - y'all can't see it very well ... let me take it out ...



That's better:



And a little higher again:



These are going to stay with me a while! I cannot tell you how much I like them. And just look at the detail in the Cherry wood:



And the detail in the Curly Maple wood:


So - he is going to finish up those puppies, finish up a grundle of wee little ones and move on to what is called a

'Floating Table'


Oooohhhh!


As promised - short, but probably not even a titch of sweet ....


Night all ...

1 comment:

Vicki said...

when the kids saw mine, the comment was, "I can't believe someone can make those." Such a treasure.