21 December 2012

"_______" To The Rescue!!!


Someone ...


Anyone ...


If y'all can fill in the blank up there in the title - I WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY THRILLED.


I'm begging!



Gary, Ryan and I headed to the Alamo Theatre to watch "The Hobbit" this evening. It is long and didn't start until 9:30pm so we got home super, super late.

As we were still discussing the pros and cons of taking one of Tolkiens books and dragging it out into three movies we pulled into the driveway. As we were pulling up, Gary said: "I think there is a box on the porch".  Not an unusual site these days - but we had left pretty late so it seemed a bit odd.

We all piled out of his truck - Gary heading into the garage, Ryan to do what ever Ryan does and I headed to the front porch.

I opened the door and - seriously



I kid you not



started laughing harder at the tableau on my porch than any other time for at least ten years! I immediately knew why an ambulance had shown up on my porch - but the person just standing there, like she had just knocked on the door? I seriously had a wee bit of anxiety that it was a police woman and not just an EMS person. The first thing I did was to see if she had a gun.

Yes, people


THESE ARE DOLLS



AND I KNOW THAT THEY ARE DOLLS


So I am a little disturbed that my first thought was: "Have the Wee Little People come to help the injured, or have they come to arrest me for murder?" I'm thinking that just might not be the most healthy thought I should have had come to the forefront of my brain ... but there you have it.

Discovered she was an EMS person - and sighed a sigh of relief as I grabbed my camera. Apparently we have a Anonymous Rescue Squad. I thought that there was a card - but in the "True Crime Scene Sense" I did not touch ANYTHING until I had taken my photos and discovered it was just the instructions that come with the kit - thus I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHO MY "Anonymous Rescue Squad" is/are - but I thank them for giving me the laugh of the decade and bow in a somewhat "I'm not worthy" pose to their one-upmanship.

Ryan heard me laughing and came over. After he had laughed himself out he said: "Man, we ought to write Playmobil - the ambulance response time was like over 24 hours - totally unacceptable ..." But then went and found a band-aid for Santa (I believe he was feeling a wee bit guilty for jamming a knife in Santa's neck and taking photos of it) and made sure I took photos of Santa on a stretcher - alive and being well taken care of.





Tell me the dude below COMPLETE WITH AN IV ATTACHED TO HIS ARM isn't the coolest thing ever?  And he is even SMILING!  Just looking at the ambulance and the IV line makes me shudder - been there too many times ... but him?  He looks like he is having the time of his life!


It was not until Ryan hit a button on the top and the lights started flashing and the siren started that got me laughing again so hard that I had to wait until I had myself under control to film it.  We actually do have an ambulance - but this one KICKS BUTT over ours.  Ours comes with a stretcher and a wheelchair - but no 'cool' IV, no lights and sirens, no ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE medical bag in a slot to the right of IV Dude.  And - at our house ... you know?  Two ambulances just might not be that bad of an idea ....

 
 
I will mention that Ryan and I get a bit ...
 
 
ummmm ....
 
 
 
carried away ... with all this and had a discussion that since moving the house downstairs (where it is going to stay) the crime rate has seemed to spike and that we ought to take some of the community budget and increase our security.  Ryan had said "Yeah, like, where were the police when all this was going down?"  And we realized that we HAD NO POLICE FORCE!
 
We decided to fix that and immediately got onto the Playmobil website and purchased:
 
 
6 Swat Guys - Complete with grappling hook, assault rifle and flashlight:

 
4 Police Persons - mainly because we like the handguns they were holding .... 
 
 

A Police Car - which looks like it is equipped with at least lights - lets hope for the siren ...

 
 
And a Police Van for when things get ... hairy. It also came with a cool box of "Police Type" accessories which seemed like a necessity. 

 

OK - I will admit - I got this for the bad guy, not the Cop on the motorcycle. Ryan and I had wondered how we had so much Playmobil and only one male - who is missing a hand, no less - and smiling. Thought we needed some evil dudes just to ... well ... even things out.



Yes, it is a set of Burglars! HOW COOL IS THAT? And notice - bandannas to cover their face, and not smiling - we got ourselves some baddies ....



We purchased this dude mainly for the cool double edged axe - just think of the fun we can have with that - not to mention he has a sword - in a holder on his waist!



This guy we got for the weapon also - but I decided that a some point there will be some weird tableau with that dang helmet WITH A SWAN SITTING ON THE TOP involved somehow ...



And we both decided that no home should be without their very own HOODED GHOST WITH A SKULL STUCK ON THE TIP OF A DOUBLE EDGED AXE. I mean - how can one go through life without one? And his boots are cool ...

It has all shipped and will be here some time next week.  Let's hope things are quiet in the land of Playmobil until we have our very own Rescue Team in place!


So - to my Anonymous Rescue Squad - THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!


I have a feeling we just might be needing that ambulance here some time real soon ...


Oh!  And if anyone knows where I can find some of that yellow Crime Scene Tape - but just a half millimeter wide - I would LOVE TO KNOW!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I demand that you learn stop-motion filming and give us some playmobil murder movies!

Mary-Anne said...

This was hilarious and I completely agree with Jennifer!!!