23 December 2012

Boxes and Hunches ... Boxes and Lunches ... Boxes and Spouses ... Boxes and Sauces ... Boxes and Messes ... Boxes and Retches ... Boxes and Sneezes ... Boxes and Snoozes ... Boxes and Dishes ... Boxes and Wishes ...


Do you sense a 'theme' in my title?

Yes - the "Crazy Box Man" is back!

And HE HAS BEEN BUSY!


I was not feeling well and started to get a Migraine of Giant Proportions this morning - which totally terrified me since I had enjoyed that one WEEK of severe Migraines and FALLING OFF A LADDER and such. Plus Jessie was coming over - and the gal has no concept of what an "Inside Voice" actually is. She thinks it is still speaking so loud that she is practically yelling (when, of course, she isn't in fact yelling - which is rather often) but INSIDE rather than OUTSIDE.

Sigh ...

Gary left me in my "Migraine Cocoon" and headed to church. He had gone grocery shopping last evening and Gary, Ryan and Ale were going to try a new recipe for General Tso's Chicken along with our favorite Sweet and Sour Chicken. And, why YES, I do know that HE IS A SAINT.

Ryan headed to get Ale and Jessie, and Gary got home while I steeled myself for the onslaught to come. Wasn't too bad. I got up when they had finished and prepared a plate for Jessie. Then quickly headed back to my room ... (Do I really need to go into the problem here? The food smells were making me nauseated.) Came back out and took over frying up the chicken so Gary could sit down and eat. Finished up quickly and quickly headed back to my room ...

By then I decided that they really didn't need to see me green and stayed in bed while all three angels cleaned up the dishes and put away the dinner. Jessie stayed with me. We had an absolutely wonderful talk. She told me that she wanted a Tinkerbell doll for Christmas.

 I asked her: "Don't you have a Tinkerbell doll at your house?"

She sighed dramatically and said: "No, only Ariel."

I didn't know what to say. Her entire Christmas is hiding in my closet and there is not a Tinkerbell in sight. Dang Jess! Could you have told me this a few weeks ago? I mentioned it to Ryan and he (very bravely I might add) said he would go to Wal-Mart tomorrow and see if he could find one.

Either way, Christmas morning the girl will be a happy camper - but I believe this might be the very first time she has asked me for something for Christmas.


I so suck at being Santa ...


With hunches and lunches, messes and retches, sauces and spouses, sneezes and snoozes (Oh! I have a cold - an you can just imagine WHAT FUN IT IS to sneeze with a migraine) and dishes ... out of the way


Let us move on to BOXES!!!

Another 'mess' is Gary's beloved shop. There are wood shavings and sawdust from about 5 different types of wood all over the place. Some times when he comes in he looks as if he rolled around on the ground right there beforehand, but I know he keeps his compressor on and blows the crap all over himself to clean up before hand - so you WOULD THINK that he would look more like he had encountered gale force winds on they way between the garage and the house, but no - wood chips and dusty - that's my guy ...


He told me he would make more if I took over the finishing. I panicked a wee bit when he said that - why?

1) We have A GAZILLION BOXES already
2) My OCD will not let me stop finishing until it is perfect and then some - taking five times it takes Gary - and I cannot seem to control this no matter how hard I try.

He was not to concerned about making any more - so we will see about that a little later.


This photo was on my camera - in my file labelled Saturday - (of course under Pictures/2012/December/Week4 - I am nothing if not obsessive compulsive) which is where most my photos are coming from. I cannot recall why I did not write this post yesterday - in fact - I really don't remember yesterday at all ... hmmmmm ....

I find it ever so lovely and the exact opposite to one I have on the shelves in my office (which, I believe, is why he made it) but I cannot seem to find it today?

Oh! Never mind! I just wondered if he put it to live with its opposite - and he did - my tine count on my office shelves is up by one!


Just a sec ...

See! Aren't they just the CUTEST COUPLE EVER?


And, of course I cannot take photos of Gary's beautiful Tine's without going a bit Pony Crazy ...




Ahem ....


This takes us to the Shaker Boxes ....


Yes - that is just a titch under a gazillion Shaker Boxes.

This is his Size One set:


And he made an adorable few in Walnut! They are going to be beautiful!


His pile of Size Zeros:


And this is a mish-mash of Size Sevens that will be made into Shaker Sewing Boxes - complete with a tray - also all sitting there, and some individual trays with a different handle. He has mixed in Curly Maple, Walnut and Cherry - they are all going to be stunningly beautiful and I told him one evening while we were lying in bed that I will need one of each!

I told him we could take a big wall and he could make a ginormous shadow box type set of shelves and I would fill it with all the Tine's and Shaker Boxes that I cannot give up. I told him that they were like my babies - how could I give one away? He never answered me. This is his ever-so-much-better-than-when-he-was-young-way-of-telling-me-he-disagreed - his 'go to' response when he was younger (much, much younger!) was to say something stupid - I'm liking the ever so much improved mature Gary!


Or he was asleep ...



I know they are just diamonds in the rough right now - but when they are done they will be beautiful - of course. Gary is completely incapable of making something ugly - or if he does - he gives it away ...

This is the handle for the Sewing Box. I know it is confusing - the handle is curved over the form - picture the piece of wood in the middle not there and an upside down "U" ...


The arrow in the photo below on the left is pointing to the trays for both the Sewing Boxes and the Tray ... thingies (I think). The arrow in the center of the photo is pointing to the handle that will sit in a tray - basically cutting it in half. Does that make sense? Like if you took the form out of the wooden tray it is sitting on - it would slide right down to the bottom. Can you envision it? Yes? No?


Well, no matter - it is not like there will not be a grundle of posts to follow. Especially one that I have to wait for a few weeks. He came up with a VERY CLEVER idea for well - I can't say - just trust me - it is cute and explains why we have a grundle of wee little shaker boxes drying outside ... sort of - the part where he is crazy is still about 80% of the reason ...

I will eventually get to all of them I am sure.

And just in case you are wondering - I maybe, just maybe will get to Brazos Bend State Park for photos. Every night at about midnight or one o'clock as we are heading to bed we come up with an excuse not to set are alarm clocks for o'dark thirty - my last one was there was a bunch about my camera I don't know and I have a few books to read - if we wait until I have finished them all and 'mastered' my new camera - it just might be 2014 ....

And - although I have been posting rather regularly - my life and my health are so ... well - have you seen a sine-wave? Just picture that. Say two years ago, the Amplitude was probably a third the size it is now. The Period was about three times the length is is now.  Basically now days - my Sine-Wave is all over the map. If that does not do it - picture a seismograph ... during an earthquake. The POINT being I have been having relatively very large highs and lows and never know what tomorrow will bring ...

WHAT I am trying to get to is the last word in my title that I have not used:

"Wishes"

I hope y'all have a wonderful Holiday Season, that you are with the ones you love and that your days are mellow and filled with good food, good smells and good times ...

1 comment:

Cherri said...

Have a wonderful Christmas season too, and I can't wait to open a certain suspicious box from Texas that is under my tree.