18 December 2012

Aaaaaand She's Done!!!!


Ahhhh!


What a feeling!

With Ryan as my wing man - well my 'Climber-on-the-Ladder-Guy" we finished decorating the Christmas tree.


Sigh ... I just realized that I lied - I still have to set up my Playmobile Nativity and Gary is missing my Playmobil antics with a large Playmobile house we have upstairs. In Norway we had it in our kitchen and Ryan and I would set up little 'dioramas' if you will and had all sorts of fun - we miss it being so accessible.

During the Christmas season, you can generally go check out what Santa and the reindeer on the roof are up to to gauge my mental health at any given moment. *Sigh* ... Sadly, most years you will find Santa holding a rifle on the reindeer and a handgun, an axe or a knife in his other hand. It generally escalates as we get closer and closer to Christmas Day. Don't ask me WHY I DO IT - have I not clearly explained plenty of times that I am certifiably crazy? And, anyways - ONLY THAT ONE TIME did Santa take the staff hostage ... Santa sort of lost it a little bit that year - but FELT REALLY, REALLY BAD about it later ...

I guess it is "Playmobile Wednesday" ....


but ...



THE TREE!!!




THE TREE IS DONE!!!



And, as a super special added bonus - I didn't kill a single angel!

Super plus!


After a few annoying and frustrating false starts - I took photos tonight with my brand spanking new camera complete with its ever-so-expensive brand spanking new macro lens. And it was wonderful, marvelous, SO MUCH EASIER WITH THE RIGHT LENS! Very much worth every dollar I spent on it!

So - I give you a few of my ornaments - mainly angels, but what can I say? I love them. Oh, and before I shut up and just let the photos flow by - this first photo of an angel holding a heart is Rachael's angel for this year - added bonus! It came today - JUST IN TIME!













Will sleep better tonight knowing I don't have a full day ahead of crawling through trunks of Christmas.

Which is a good thing. Gary and I are getting up early and heading to Brazos Bend State Park before sunrise to take photos. I will get to put my new camera and the new lenses through the paces and see how well all the lenses work.

I hope it will be as pretty as last time - but my "Deer in the Morning Mist" is probably a 'once-in-a-lifetime-shot' (and a shot out the car window at that!):


But one can always hope ...

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Love the tree, the angels, and the optimism!

Sarah said...

That picture of the deer is beautiful! I can't wait to see the pictures you took this time around.