19 December 2012

Christmas Seems to Have Come Early ...


... or as an alternate title:

Lori Hurst is a Very, Very Spoiled Gal ...

and now that I am reviewing my ENTIRE POST - maybe:

We are a Sick And Twisted Family

would be more appropriate ... sadly.

Today we received delivery after delivery from cute guys in brown uniforms - down to their cute khaki shorts and driving ... golf carts? Yes - our stuff coming these days shows up in the most darling golf carts - but I gotta say - there is something emasculating about a brawny UPS guy roving about in a golf cart ...

My office looks like it exploded with boxes!

At one point I was so happy - I believe the moment I realized that my two very, very unusual cool nativities had arrived - I startled Gary as he walked into the office by yelling "It's Christmas!!!". Near as I can tell - I have not been this excited for years ...


My Silver Rachael Angel came - I just need to figure out what I am supposed to do with those two ribbons.


I received another Swarovski Snowflake and a holder - but was too lazy to take a photo of it.

Here is my new baby Nativity. It nests ... HOW COOL IS THAT?!?


Un-nested. Is it not just adorable? And unusual? And totally cool?


And here is what I have been so excited about since I spied it on the Internet. It is called a Porcelain Origami Nativity. Tell me this isn't the neatest Nativity ever! And you cannot even see the CAMEL - he is so ADORABLE! I am going to make Gary make me a stable for it - because don't you think it is cute enough to deserve one?


If you recall - and it is perfectly fine if you do not - I said today was "Playmobil Wednesday". It is also my 31st Wedding Anniversary - but Gary has Young Men's tonight so we are pretending it is some time later ... or maybe celebrating for 30 years was enough?

Ryan had brought down my Playmobil house - I tried for years to call it Jessie's but lets face it - me and Ryan are about the only ones that play with it.

I realized that it WAS FILTHY! So I set about cleaning it. Wiped everything down, mopped the floors and was feeling rather virtuous for being such a domestic goddess - OK - SO IT WAS A PLAYHOUSE - SO SUE ME!!! Still felt like a domestic goddess - guys this is the CLOSEST THING I get to cleaning a house for real ... I'm just sayin'....

Got it all set up and then the deliveries started showing up and I was distracted squealing like a 10 year old on her birthday for getting EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING she wanted.

Then I busied myself taking photos of my new Nativities and loot - but noticed Ryan over by the house - so when I was done - I decided I better go investigate.

And, oddly - as I searched floor by floor - it seemed abandoned ...



Oh, but lookie - they are getting a Noah's Ark for Christmas - isn't that the CUTEST TEENIEST THING EVER?


Up to the second floor:



Not even on the patio - the parrot was not talking ...


Headed to the attic - and ... OH! My! One of the staff has lost it and taken everyone hostage! What to do? What to do?


But ... Never fear - it looks like Santa has a plan! I hope he saves the day ...



*Sigh*


**** VERY HUGE DISCLAIMER - I APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE IF YOU ARE OFFENDED BY WHAT FOLLOWS ****

Ryan had wandered upstairs to look for Playmobil policeman mentioning cryptically that he felt that they might be needed in the near future.

He then was asking Gary where he could find dental floss and red construction paper.

Lori: "Ryan!"

Ryan: "What"

Lori: "What are you up to?"

Ryan: "Nothing ...."

Lori: *sigh*

As I was typing up there about my beautiful Nativities he came and asked me if he could borrow my camera? I absentmindedly handed it to him and continued to type. And as an afterthought yelled "You better not be doing anything evil!"

Oddly he did not answer me, came back handed me the camera. He had taken exactly four shots.

*Sigh*





Apparently we are back to staging crime scenes. And seriously people - WHERE IN THE HELL DID I GET A BIO HAZARD / HAZMAT SET IN PLAYMOBIL? Complete with a WET-DRY VAC?

What possessed me to do it?

The scariest part?

I totally DO NOT remember purchasing it at all ...

Ryan told me someone was going to die every day he didn't have his computer - so I believe at our house we are going to totally ignore the current news issues and be the insensitive beings that we always are and keep killing dudes.

Please note: Ryan did mention - and I had not even noticed that no children were harmed in his latest grizzly dioramas.

5 comments:

Vicki said...

The nativities are amazing! I can see why you are so excited.

I am hoping Ryan gets his computer back soon.

Sarah said...

Why would they even make those hazmat figures? Very strange...

I LOVE those nativities! So beautiful!

Cherri said...

So twisted, so funny, and did I mention SO SPOILED? I did get a certain package in the mail, so am feeling very spoiled myself, although I am being good (Santa, take note) and have not peeked! Thanks!

Ami said...

Those Nativities are AMAZING! I'm jealous!

And yes thats a little twisted (the dioramas) but I've seen worse. lol. And I noticed the kids were unharmed. The little girl w/ the balloon seems disturbingly cheerful about her situation. lol.

You both might appreciate this tho. My favorite blogger has a Haunted Doll house. Theres links to more pics at the bottom of her post: http://thebloggess.com/2011/10/the-haunted-dollhouse/

Mary-Anne said...

the nativities are beautiful, but ryan stole the post. Again it is 3:06am here and I am rolling with laughter from the crime scenes. I did notice that none of the children were hurt, but it is still completely funny none the less. I love the hazmat guy and your reaction to having one. Thanks for the great laughs!!!