11 March 2011

Yee Haw!!


Had a surprisingly wonderful time tonight. It was through Gary's work and I was not sure how uncomfortable I would be surrounded by strangers - but it was nice and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all. Unusual - for me ...

I don't believe I have ever been to the Reliant Stadium:

The rodeo was not bad ... being a rodeo and all ...



I did enjoy the mad scramble for kids to catch (? wrangle ?) a calf:



There was also a grundle of little 5 - 6 year olds that would be placed on top of a lamb and hold on for dear life as it started running. The goal was to stay on as long as possible. I forget what it was called, but was a hoot - although it did look dangerous as when they fell off the running animal, they were trampled more often than not. I am assuming their parents approved of this activity ... one more thing I don't get about rodeos ...

The concert was after and the entertainment was Lady Antebellum. I took this photo with my iTouch just to see how it would do - so the photo is a bit grainy:

We then snuck out 15 minutes early to be in front of the other 75,000 people in attendance. I snapped a shot of the carnival as we were headed back to the car:


The dinner was nice before the rodeo started. We were in a private section with a room in the back where the food and unlimited drinks were available for the entirety. It made things extra nice!

I think that is the first time I have been to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and can honestly say that I wouldn't mind going again. Still ...

... so not gonna wear a cowboy hat!

3 comments:

Carol Beck said...

come on lori! get with the program! you gotta wear a cowboy hat! haha

Cherri said...

But you look so good in hats!

Vicki said...

Sounds like a fun time! Glad you enjoyed yourself.