14 March 2011

In the mood for flowers ...


Woke up to rain this morning. It cleared up, but still felt gloomy to me.

I spent some time getting hotel reservations and airline tickets for our summer vacation for a family reunion with my family. We are headed to Island Park near Yellowstone and everyone should be safe from my craziness since Gary and I will be staying in a separate cabin. So "Yay's" all round!

I was pining away for flower photos today and wishing I was on a Texas Spring Flower Trip when I remembered the cutest little set of cabins up by Yellowstone also. So I decided in honor of my summer trip plans being done ... I could play with the flower photos from the cute Bed and Breakfast like place right next to Mormon Row.

Mormon Row is smack dab in the middle of the most picturesque place in Wyoming.

With the Tetons as their backdrop:

You will find multiple old buildings - including a couple of barns:

The place is teeming with bison - and we were stupid enough to get this close to photograph them (note Gary on the opposite side taking photos also):

But right across the road is the cutest set of cabins - with beautiful surrounds.

I spent some time taking photos there - and it should give me my flower fix until I find some in the hill country around these here parts:






The next two days Gary and I are attending a financial planning class for Exxonmobil employees who are nearing retirement.

Something tells me that it is not going to have many photo ops ...

3 comments:

Vicki said...

So ARE you nearing retirement? We actually went to something like that a few years ago. It was very helpful.

The flowers are great!

Lori Hurst said...

Heavens! I hope we are not near retirement - can you picture Gary at home puttering around the house? He can always build furniture, but we are running out of space.

The class is for anyone over 50 and takes a long time to get into it - apparently it is our turn ...

Carol Beck said...

brings back memories of wyoming! you and gary are VERY lucky you aren't statistics!