08 March 2011

Kaleidoscope Heart


It took me until today ... approximately 18 books ... 6 sleepless nights (out of 11) ... so many mini panic attacks I lost count ... to call about Jessie and find out what happens next.

I truly don't know why this has been such a problem for me. This is the right thing to do. The next step in Jessie's transition into adulthood. The people are kind, the house is cute, the reviews stellar. So - somewhere in my logical brain - I know this is good. Why I am so panicked is beyond me - although each day I seem to be doing a bit better than the last.

Next step is her Discharge Meeting at RSS on March 28th. Seems to me it could have been done sooner - but someone is on vacation - or something like that, I was not paying attention. There we will set everything up for a smooth transition to her Pretty Little House. What this does is give me a bit of time to get my act together.

I will get there ...


... but - ready or not - Jessie WILL be moving.

******

I seem to be doing a bit better - more functional. I still average a book a day - so still a slug - but I am accomplishing more that that in the day.

I was thrilled this week when I got an e-mail from someone who wanted to buy a photo of mine. They referenced it by the photo in my blog. What is interesting is that it was back in a March 2009 post. How they even remembered this photo is beyond me! That she says it takes her breath away every time she sees it makes her one of my most favorite people!

I decided that today, among other things, I would get serious about a watermark for my photos.

It turned out to be much more difficult than I imagined it would be!I had some from previous attempts and reworked them today, but don't really like them:


So, I started from scratch and designed something much simpler:

It is keeper ...





for now.

******

I have truly missed blogging. Weird, I know, but for some reason - for these past two weeks, I would sit and sit with the 'new post' page up - and could come up with NOTHING TO SAY.

That has NEVER happened to me before!

We will see how it goes ....

3 comments:

Cherri said...

I am glad you are coming out of your funk, and happy that Jessie gets to live in her pretty little house. She deserves all the good things that this life has to offer, because she got gyped out of all the things you normally expect from life - to learn, to grow, to have a voice.

Jennifer said...

I think that I would be freaking out if I was Jessie's mom, too. I think that is totally normal. And that, just like RSS, you will be good with it after it has become real and routine.

I love your keeper signature. Your photos are so worth money, I'm very happy for you!

I am just coming out of a blogging slump of, like, a year. Welcome back!

Vicki said...

I'm so glad things are starting to turn around. It has been TOUGH!