15 January 2013

Take: 1 Crazy Chick, 1 Crèche, 1 Crystal, 1 Camera and Coruscation and what do you get?


OK - we will eventually get to that title up there - but first I must tell you that I pretty much lied about that One Camera thing.

I would like you to meet the family:

My two tripods are both Manfrotto's and their 'Tripod-Thingy-That-Goes-On-The-Bottom-Of-Your-Camera" are EXACTLY the same - thus I can keep one on each of my big DLSR's and use which ever tripod I want!

Very cool, yes?

 
I sense out there in the ether that y'all are all oh, so very underwhelmed by my tripods - BUT I LOVE THEM!  And trust me - you NEED a good tripod.  The larger one up there has a gun handle grip that lets you move in all directions without all those nasty screws - ever so much nicer than all those dang screws!
 
 
I KNOW - YAWN ....
 
 
But I LOVE THEM!!!
 
 
The smaller Manfrotto is very light and will fit in my backpack - which is a plus ... but if you have a need for an even SMALLER tripod - check out those cuties in the back:

Simply adorable, I know and the two largest of the "Wee Bitty Tripod Family" - with a bit of supervision will actually support my big DLSR's.


I SO KNOW YOU CARE ...


Before we hit the evening of no sleep - I did take a few photos during the day.

 This post will finish out 2012!


THANK HEAVENS!!!


OH!


Crap - I have one more - but it is a cutie THEN I will be done with 2012.

The photos in this post are from Monday - the last day of the year and I decided it was the day to play with my lenses thus I used all my cameras - BUT!


See - here is the sneaky loophole: I used each and every one of the only ONE AT A TIME! 


One Camera! 


Oh, my yes, I am JUST THAT CLEVER ...

Soooo before it got dark and I was too lazy to get up from my desk I took some spectacular photos of one of my new Swarovski Crystal Snowflakes and what I am now calling my "Angel Pile":

 
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in this world that captures light like a crystal:

 
The Angels are crowded and bickering - I need to decide which stay and which go into the trunks for the year - decisions, decisions, decisions ...

 
As it got dark - I noticed something over at Gary's computer - it had the prettiest reflection!

 And since it took A HUGE EFFORT, notice WHO IS NOT IN THE REFLECTION (taking the photo)?
 
OOOOH!!!

Oh so very pretty!

Yes?


No?


You don't care?


Whatever - Onto Crèches, Crystals, Cameras, and Coruscation (Don't know what it means?  Took me FOREVER to find a 'C' word for what I was doing - and SO COOL it fits exactly!!! ... Go look it up ...).


I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how much I absolutely adore it. Sadly during this photo shoot - I knocked over the palm tree (this is why it is not in all the following shots - just some) and it broke into pieces.

I literally sobbed and sobbed my eyes out (did I just admit to that?). It took me two days to figure out that maybe I could purchase a replacement from the place I bought it from ... and I could!

 I have not been as excited to learn this since - well I actually have absolutely no idea, but I was VERY EXCITED ....

We are now back to having a perfect Nativity - Palm Tree and all!



So - I decided to play. The theme for the evening was:

Refraction and Shadows

I started with the Angel since I am rather enamoured with her:

 
I guess I really mean the Angel and her 'star':


Ooooh!  So pretty!  HOW DID YOU DO THAT?  You ask?


 
I might let you know a wee bit later - I have a few more:


 
Sparklies again!  And a HUGE clue as to what I am doing - can you spot it?


Take one Angel, One CRYSTAL Snowflake and shine a light through it and what do you get?
 
Angels, Shadows and SPARKLIES!!!


Another shot of my 'Helper':

OK, and since I KNOW you didn't go look it up:

Coruscate:
cor·us·cate
verb (used without object), cor·us·cat·ed, cor·us·cat·ing.
To emit vivid flashes of light; sparkle; scintillate; gleam.

A very fancy schmancy word for flashlight, don't you think?


~~~~~~~~~~

Moving on ....

I have one Nativity Sparklies and ... um eight Nativity Shadows -


what to do?


What to do?


Should I put the Sparklies first?


In the middle?


At the end?


 
Do you care?


 
OK - in the order they are in my folder (ah, I lied - I'm gonna put the sparklies first ...):

I give you


Rainbow Nativity:


Arched Light Nativity:


Ummmm, I'm at a loss for a name ...



Shadowed Nativity:



Shadowed Family:



The Three Wise Men:


Ummm, The Three Wise Men Part Deux:


Man - I really should NOT have put these in order ...
 
A brief note about the three ALMOST IDENTICAL photos up there (what was I thinking?) ...  Note the blue - I liked it and since the Nativity was white and there was very little color in the photo to begin with, I could change the color of the background using the "Hue and Saturation" tool - just thought I would share ...
 

 
 
Nativity WITH the Palm Tree:


Joseph's Lantern:
 
 

One of my favorites and LAST ONE:


 
Well - that's it!
 
 
Just me (Crazy Chick) , my nativity (Crèche), my Camera, my Snowflake Crystal and Coruscation ...
 
(that's just in case you didn't get the title already ...)
 
 
 
Yawn ....
 
 
 
On to my FINAL post for 2012 ....

No comments: