06 November 2011

Still up for that Walk?


Got out of the ER last Monday - with I DON'T KNOW WHAT coursing through my veins. I KNOW for sure there was morphine and zofran (for nausea) but what else? Not so sure.

In the course of a few hours - I scheduled myself for a trip to Norway in December, chose all my photos for the previous blog and made myself a wee bit useful if I may be so bold!

Edited the photos, wrote my blog (COMPLETE WITH ME INVITING YOU TO TAKE A WALK WITH ME ON DAY 2 OF NEW YORK - THAT VERY NEXT DAY ...), birds chirping, children playing, all was right with the world! Headed for bed and 8 hours later I opened my eyes and realized that my "I-feel-fine-aren't-I-so-so-so-glad-that-is-over" was just a drug induced fake-out! Repeatedly for the next couple of days begged Gary to shoot me.


He wouldn't.


Got to my doctor who said if my white blood cell count was not under 20,000 she was throwing my butt in the hospital. So ... we had a goal!

Got a call that afternoon that it was down to 16,000 - GO ME!

But still flat out in bed riding wave over wave of nausea - not a whole lot of fun ...

I am starting to feel like I might MIGHT want to live again - so I would post Day 2 in New York - the one I stupidly said "See you tomorrow!" to about a week ago ...

So ..... here we go!


We did not go far as I was being a sick pain in the butt. Headed to the Empire State Building and then stood and waited ...



and waited ....




and waited ....




But well worth the wait. The only down side it I have a very hard time just standing so was getting more and more ill by the minutes and by the time we got to the top - I had lost the will to take photos.

Having said that - I was ON TOP OF THE FREAKING EMPIRE STATE BUILDING! You take photos whether you care if you do or not! I am sure there is even a law somewhere stating this ...



OK, it occurs to me AT THIS VERY SECOND that things just might have not been ... right? With me? I liked this pigeon - sitting up there so high! I remember wondering if birds were afraid of heights? Normal? Don't think so ...

When I take a panorama - I take one photo of the ground - lift my camera - twist to one side and hopefully holding it somewhat level - shoot off between 3 and 25 photos. I then lower my camera and take another photo of the ground. This way - I know where my panorama shots start and end.

Well, taking a photo of the 'ground' here was rather interesting:

And can you see the cars at your resolution? (You can click on the photo if you care) The ratio of cars and buses vs private cars is astounding!

I apparently stuffed all my panoramas at the beginning of the blog - didn't spread them out ... so enjoy!


What do you do with a crappy photo from a very, very long distance?

Right! MAKE IT CRAPPIER! No one will even know ....

A lot of the following photos are of tops of buildings (but not all). I noticed that there is a lot of monochromatic boring stuff going on here - so I 'posterized' a bunch of the photos - I like them much better! Might not be your style, though ...













OK! We are out! Now, all I remember that we did was walk to the subway and catch a ride back to our hotel - this could be true or I could be totally hallucinating the entire day .... not sure ....











Since part of this day seems .... well, sketchy .... I will say with a 90% chance of being right that after getting on the subway, and to our hotel - Gary SLEPT while I went through photos. OK - probably 100% there.

We then got up at some point and went out to take night shots:




And that was it for Day 2 ... all that is left is Day 3! I won't promise when that is going to arrive ....

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Wow! It is fun to see pictures of places and sites you've only seen in the movies.