23 November 2011

I MAY Have Been Just a Wee Bit Pessimistic Yesterday ...


Well ...


Day 2 of "Project Whoville" has almost ended and I will admit ...


I may have been a wee bit hasty in my judgements of my husbands ability and/or sanity.


He got up and put another coat on his 'sled':


And has he not done a WONDERFUL job in matching the blues?


He then painted and put together his Whoville Fireplace:



Yes, there IS two plastic bags hanging in the 'hole' in the fireplace. This fireplace (if you recall from the movie) needs to have a tree stuffed up it, and a grundle of toys ... I forget if the grinch enters and exits via it, but I do remember the tree stuffing ...

Very clever, yes?

And, yet again - look how he matched the 'puke green' on the background! He could be the Sherwin Williams Paint-Color-Matcher-Computer-Thingie ...


And here is where his 'genius' really shines:


Its Whoville! He decided that it is complete.

What?


Can you not see it?


Hmmm ...

That could be because he realized something today and confessed to me today that when he told me that it would be basically as easy as a "Paint By Number" kit - he has ACTUALLY NEVER DONE a Paint By Number Kit ... And he decided that maybe, just maybe - he HAS hit the level of his limitations and on Saturday at the rehearsal, he is going to throw himself to the mercy of his committee and see if anyone is willing to paint it.

BUT! He has a backup plan - here is the genius part! OK, gotta mention that ONE of these IS MY IDEA ...

If they chew him up and spit him out at the rehearsal, he will either have it printed out poster size and just tape it on the board, or he will use our projector and just project the picture onto the board during the actual production.

Clever, yes?

So, he is in a win-win situation and it will basically look like this (minus the pretty silver frame):



And to show you how well that projection part would actually work - he is, as I type this, finishing up the sled tracing out in the garage.

I took out the brown (well, most the brown, he didn't care if it was sloppy, but NOW that I am posting it on my blog I am so ashamed ...) drew in some sloppy black lines so it would all be easier to see when he projected it onto the board to trace and stretched it a wee bit to fit the board better. Yes, yes - I KNOW! I am SO HELPFUL!!!

And here is my altered sled photo projected onto the board! Not bad, eh?


So he has his sled almost ready to paint and I am CONFIDENT that he WILL be able to paint brown paint between the black lines ...


Here are the lines - that I believe he is out there thickening even as I type this, because if he isn't doing that ...




I have no clue what the man is doing ...





But then again - me not knowing what the man is doing is the norm ...

1 comment:

Laura said...

I foresee our ward doing the Grinch forever - because the set is going to be amazing!

I would volunteer to paint, but my skills in that area are severely lacking. I hope he has some luck on Saturday!