15 November 2011

New York - Day 3 ...


Yes, yes, yes - I am still alive ...


Thought that I had better finish up my New York trip before moving on to other trips. I also remembered that I TOTALLY FORGOT to do the last day of Yellowstone - THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY OF ALL! It is my goal to try to pick out the photos tonight and edit them tomorrow and finish up THAT trip also.

Enjoyed having Ryan home for the weekend - and he graciously let me take photos of him, so a Ryan post will be forthcoming also ...

I was doing well, neither wanting to live or die - good, neutral, solid ground when I realized today that I have a nephew getting married the day after we fly home from Norway, and that THANKSGIVING IS NEXT WEEK!!

WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?

So now I feel as if someone whacked me in the face with a 'Familial Responsibility' Two by Four ... repeatedly ...

So - when a wee bit panicked over stuff I have absolutely no control over and is pretty much under control any way ... I blog ...


Thus on to our final day in New York.

We were totally used to the transit system now and all trains running on the weekend ended at 33rd street - so we would take that - then transfer to another to get up to 50th or just walk and enjoy the scenery.

Saw this batch of monsters as we were ascending the subway ... SO wouldn't want that job ...

Headed down the street towards Times Square where we were going to enjoy some time before heading off to see Billy Elliot.

They were still rather perky with their replacements just moments behind us ...

Beautiful tall building everywhere:

I particularly liked the reflection and ad on this building:

A shot down Times Square - complete with nice Police Officer to keep everything safe:

More tall buildings ... Gary headed off to get us something to eat and I sat down at a table ...

... and do what I do ... "Photo Stalk" people ...

On the move again - I am not sure if this is the Paramount building or the Hard Rock Cafe?

Lots of police ...

More shots of Times Square:


Found a building across the street (if I remember right) from the theatre that we were headed to that had some beautiful detailing:


At the Imperial Theatre - BEAUTIFUL light and shadows:

Hawking Billy stuff:

A beautiful ceiling ...

Another beauty of a light:

More of the pretty neighboring building:

The Lincoln Center:

Should have gone to this, but had to make some choices ...

This town is not short on big signs ...

Or big characters ...

I have become enamored with a step I use to make some of my photos edges stand out. It is just one layer of many of which I eventually take out the color, inverse it and delete all the white before using a blend mode on it on top of another copy of the regular photo. Magically the lines all 'pop'! But I really like it as is - (it is just Filter -> Stylize -> Glowing Edges):

And two separate photos using this 'edge' technique each using a very different blending mode. On my screen they look very different - here and small - I am not so sure:


We headed back to the Times Square area of town after watching Billy Elliot, then sort of wandered trying to find a subway ... me taking photos all along the way ...








We wandered enough that it got dark on us - so many lights!




BEAUTIFUL horse:



And threw in a couple more - I especially like this one of the GIANT CANDY SIGN:




I apparently liked the candy sign A LOT! I didn't realize that I had put in two of them, and I didn't realize that I had put the Glowing Edges version in of almost the exact same photo ... guess I really, really do like the Glowing Edges version of this sign!


Well, that is it. I have a another folder labeled Monday - but all we did was get up and go home so I haven't even bothered to open it and see what is in it ...

My goals this week are to stay out of the emergency room, not kill the dog and try to stay out of curling into a fetal ball in bed and rocking back and forth ...





I just LOVE the holidays ...

3 comments:

Vicki said...

What great pictures. I love your goals :-) You are so funny.

Rhonda said...

Zach is leaving for NY on Sunday to march in the Macy's Day Parade. It's been fun looking at your pics. to see what he will encounter.

Cherri said...

Don't kill the dog - try a neighbor or two - since you don't have any close personal connection, like you do with your dog!