21 November 2012

Up to our Ears in Sawdust ....



I'm sure y'all are peacefully getting ready for the holiday and all ...


Us?


We are sort of fearful for our lives ...



Well ...



I am ....


The "Tine" count has grown - but Gary has not finished them since they take much longer to dry the way they are made than the Shaker Boxes do - but they are all sitting in the kitchen complaining that they are bored:


As for the Shaker Boxes ...

they just continue to propagate like bunnies:


And the garage is just FULL of surprises! Look like "Number 4 Shaker Boxes" yes? (yeah, they are number fours - I know more about Shaker boxes and the Shakers than I ever wanted to or intended to ...):


But!! Lookie: A TRAY!!


It is a jewelry box - well - it is actually FOUR jewelry boxes ... but whose counting?


They are rather lovely:


So Gary made another batch - here they are all drying:


A couple of Ginormous Tine's drying:


And I haven't even mentioned all the Number Sixes he is making into Sewing Boxes - complete with handles! He brings me in a prototype - tells me what it is going to look like - and I nod and tell him it is beautiful (which is completely true - but if it was not and I am a bit leery of him right now - I might just say it no matter what ... hmmmm....)

So .... Gary has had a very busy first part of the week. Me? I have been laying in bed reading and trying to get rid of a bug that plagued Gary for about a day - I am going on a week ...

Playing with shapes - I just cannot help myself:



Ryan arrived home in the middle of this blog - so it has been delayed somewhat. He noticed that Gary keeps walking in and depositing more Shaker boxes. Which lead to a somewhat frantic whispered conversation between the two of us:

Ryan's stance - he must be stopped - he has lost his mind and we need to knock some sense back into him.

My stance - if he is not happily making a billion Shaker boxes - what would he be doing? What? (no answer from Ryan) The next step might be he goes completely nuts and kills us all in our sleep - let him play in the garage ...


The next time Gary came in Ryan told him that if the current pile of boxes in the house was taller than him - he had to stop:


Gary - clearly pleased (especially that he held back some just sitting around in the garage) headed back to the garage - but not after saying the stack was taller than me - was that worth anything? Apparently not - except to piss me off ...

Just moments ago - he wandered into the house and set four Number Zeros on my desk:




*whispering*
Someone ... anyone! Come save me ... please?!?

3 comments:

Vicki said...

They are gorgeous - but what is he making them for?

So good that Ryan is home. Hope the holidays are great!

Lori Hurst said...

Vicki, pretty much so he won't go crazy ....

Be prepared to be a recipient ...

The rest I will probably experiment with opening an ETSY Shop and see if they sell ...

And i get to hog all the cool, best ones for myself where they will live out their lives on my shelves.

Laura said...

Make sure you let us all know when you open that Etsy shop! Those are amazing!