17 November 2012

Hands Down: The Weirdest Thing My Dog Has Ever Done


Approximately 15 minutes ago:

Gary stucking his head in the back door:

"Lori! Where are you?"

Lori:

"Um ... I am checking out the freshness of the pillowcases on the bed ..."

Gary:

"Come outside - and bring your camera!"

Lori:

unintelligible muttering


I was ASSUMING he was doing something simply marvy with wood and wanted it documented for his great grand children, but no.

After rolling (ever so gracefully) out of bed and grabbing my camera like the obedient little wifey that I am and dutifully heading out back - he told me to go look under a tree by the garage window.


Huh?




And then as calmly as he could - which was not very calm at all - he said:

"I found Charlie over there digging frantically! Why? SHE HAD STOLEN THE FRISBEE, CHEWED IT UP AND WAS TRYING TO HIDE IT!"

Lori: "Okaaaay" - not really sure that even the smartest dog we have ever owned could actually be THAT devious.

So I walked over to the tree and looked down ....


Yup!!! Sure enough - and DAMN if she had had just a few more seconds would have probably gotten clean away with it!



So ... now I'm wondering - what other things has our idiot dog buried in our backyard?



*shudder*

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Dead lizard bodies!

Cherri said...

I think it stems from the extreme guilt your dog feels. Maybe some therapy is in order?