26 February 2013

It's Been a "Good News / Bad News" Kind of Week ...

 
Sooo - when I use the word "Week" in the title ... it's not a mushy title - I am referring to approximately seven days. 
 
 
 
 
WOW!
 
 
I felt it necessary to get that out there and all ... but ... damn? 
 
 
Seven whole days? 
 
 
Y'all - I'm throwing that on the 'Bad News' pile right now.
 
 
 
And thus we begin ~ Last Thursday - 21 Feb 2013 (afternoon'ish):
 
Good News:  Going to get a glass of milk - all those good vitamins and minerals and stuff ...
 
Bad News: Being TOTALLY UNAWARE that 'Going to get a glass of milk' also stands for 'Totally "lose it", start hallucinating and whatnot' ....

 
 
 
Good News: In the process of the 'Bad News' section above (see above) made the wise decision to grab on to each and every item on my way down due to the large number of Very Hard Objects in my path.
 
Bad News: Had to release grip of glass of milk.
 
 
Good News: 'Glass' in above statement meant container - not glass, glass - just a ... um, well, glass: an 'Unbreakable' glass ...
 
Bad News: Apparently ... I am the first half of that glass, glass statement, not the second half ... 
 
Bad News: "Oh!  Snap!  Damn!  That!  Hurt!"

 
 
Good News: Falling and hurting things does not kill you.
 
Bad News:  Ever see your husbands face as you 'Come To', lying on the floor covered in milk after two or four hours?  (I DO NOT RECOMMEND IT).

 
 
Good News: HELP IS HERE!!!
 
Bad News:  HELP IS HERE!!!
 
 
 
Good News: So happy to have 'Survived' the 'Crash' and the 'Injury' and whatever ... decided that NOW would be a REALLY COOL time to start 
 
HALLUCINATING AND TELLING MY HUBBIE ALL ABOUT IT ....
 
Bad News: Hubbie NOT IN THE LEAST impressed by my dreams and my interpretations thereof ...
 
 
Good News: That "Still Alive" thing ... I guess
 
Bad News: In too much pain to Walkabout (hah!  that is supposed to be funny y'all  ...) without being attached to this TOTALLY AWESOME "GRANNYMOBILE"
 
 
Good News: Got through to my Doctor.
 
Bad News: She says go to the ER.
 
 
Good News: When I throw a fit, she says come in Monday morning.
 
Bad News.  M.O.N.D.A.Y. M.O.R.N.I.N.G
 
~~~

FRIDAY:
 
Good News: IT'S FRIDAY!!!  Still enjoying my hallucinations.
 
Bad News: Gary is STILL NOT enjoying my hallucinations ...




Good News:  It's GARY'S BIRTHDAY!!!

Bad News: It's GARY'S BIRTHDAY!!!

 

 
Good News:  Ryan came home for big Birthday Dinner!!
 
Bad News:  Ryan came home for big Birthday Dinner!!
 
 
Good News: Happy to tell ANYBODY the Complete and Total AWESOMENESS of my Hallucinations ....
 
Bad News: Gary and Ryan seem to Leave the Room from now on before speaking ...
 
~~~
 
WEEKEND:
 
Good News: Pretty much don't remember it ...
 
Bad News:  Pretty much remembered each and every pain part ...
 
~~~
 
MONDAY:
 
Good News: At The Doctors!!!
 
Bad News: Find out HOW FUN it is listening to your Hubbie and Doc discuss your Hallucinations AS IF YOU ARE NOT THERE ...

BUT TOTALLY ARE ...
 


 
Good News:  Don't have a break!!
 
Bad News:  Doc says break would probably be easier.
 



Good News:  More Tests To Be Done!!!

Bad News: More Tests To Be Done!!!



Good News: Will be TOTALLY out of all my tests (MRI's, Sonograms, X-Rays, Bloodwork) in less than three hours!!
 
Bad News: Don't actually know how long all this is going to take - thus I have taken the stance I want to die ... nobody listens ...
 
 
 
Good News:  Home!!!  In Bed!!!
 
Bad News:  Docs don't call back - (OK - I just realized that I THINK it is Wed due to a bunch of crap we won't go into here ... but it is Tues?  Yes?  No?  Yes?  Give me a call since I have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA ...)
 
Good News: Survived the day!!
 
Bad News: Doctor Didn't call back.
 
~~~
 
TUESDAY (Yes - this is where I realize that it is not Wed - I'm a freakin' genius ... y'all ...)
 
Good News: I have survived the night!!
 
Bad News:  I hear Gary trying to sneak his way through getting ready. 
 
"We interrupt stupid, rambly post to ask:  Would my hubbie actually LEAVE me without  my insulated mug of punch?  My little dish of almonds?"
 
 
What?
 
 


I don't have the dang answer!



I AM ASKING YOU ...





Now I am not so sure that he would  ... 


 
*sniff*




 
Good News:  Gary calls to see about my welfare and / or the possibility that I might be dead and has a big clean up project ahead ...
 
Bad News: Ummm - probably that he's hoping on a big clean up project .... BUT ONLY because he has to go to Norway on ... Hell ... I forget - he has already cancelled it one time - I believe he was leaving last Saturday  ...
 
 
 
Good News: Gary is talking to me on the phone!
 
Bad News:  No Doctors Call Back ....
 
 
 
Good News:  Doctor Calls Back!!!
 
Good News: No Freakishly weird thingy going on in my neck that would cause me to pass out then hallucinate for days ...
 
Bad News: No Freakishly weird thingy going on in my neck that would cause me to pass out then hallucinate for days ...
 
 
 
Good News:  No plaque buildup
 
Bad News: I have no idea what this means?




 
Good News: No sprains.
 
 
 
Hunh?
 
 
 
 
Wha ???
 
 
 
 
 
Seriously ... so I have just been a BIG FREAKING WIMP all this time?
 
 
Bad News: Doctor: "Well there is the break ..."
 
 
 
 
... Shit ...


~~~~  Update  ~~~~

Due to some swift maneuvers of my Adorable Better Half - I have an appointment all set up for tomorrow morning ... he even drives!  Gotta love him (and he is feeling a bit offended that I dissed him in that 'Sneaking-Out-In-The-Morning' ... misunderstanding ...)

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Oh my word!!!! That is absolutely crazy. Keep us posted.

Cherri said...

No plaque (good brushing skills) or no plaque in your arteries?

You lead a crazy life. But I love your posts and I swear you have half the stuff happen to you so that you can keep us on the edge of our seats reading your blog! Tell Gary Happy birthday for me! I even put it on my google calendar so I wouldn't forget . . . and I forgot!

I love him and all of you. Keep hanging in there.