16 February 2013

Because .... Seriously? How Hard Could It Be?


Gary has been a busy little bee these days. Sometimes he is so industrious I just want to punch him in the face ... but that is probably not a good thing to mention here, now is it?

Gary, aka

"Mr-Crazy-Shaker-Box-Maker-Guy"

is trying to finish up and told me that the 'Shaker Box Store' was shutting down soon ... for a season ...

He is trying to finish the last 'few' that he made.

Every time he went out a few weeks ago just to make the five that he purchased "Wood From A Kit" for, he would off handidly mentiont that he had also made five number fours, ten zero's and twenty double aughts.

I would nod politely and quitely hide the knives when he wasn't watching ...

He had a meeting this afternoon at 4:00 and had 'just a few' boxes out 'Sunning Themselves':







He asked me if I would bring them all to the kitchen in about a half and hour?

I was lying in bed reading and said that was fine. I could tell there just might be a wee bit of a trust issue when he mentioned that, while there was no forcast for rain, I wouldn't leave his babies out in the rain ... would I?

I told him by my estimation I had 20 minutes and then I would go out and bring in all his "Precious'es" inside - promise. And finished my book.

Sighed heavily for Charlies sake, got out of bed and trudged to the backyard to haul in approximately eleventy billion shaker boxes.

Since I have actually had practice hauling eleventy billion Shaker Boxes around, I realize the use of their ability to nest.

So A Nesting I went - with abandon ... and hauled them in.

Here is a photo of the 'last few' complete with a spectacular photo of my Valentine's Day Roses that I have not introduced you to yet ...

Say "Hi" ...

Alrighty then ...


OK, so - some of those have been hanging out on the counter for DAYS and I have no idea what they are doing there ... are they done?
 
Are they plotting to take over the house?
 
 Did they find all the knives I had hidden and are plotting a SWAT-like manouvers to kill one or all of us?
 
 Have they just been passing the time waiting for Gary to notice that they are STILL SITTING ON THE FRICKING KITCHEN COUNTER?

The world may never know ...

Here are the ones I brought in:

Notice anything odd?

Oh! And I don't mean the fact that there is ACTUALLY A TELEPHONE ON OUR COUNTER.
 
Apparently it got sick so I unplugged it a few days ago to give it a little rest ... its been ever so nice around here ... if you need to get in touch with me -

well ... my cell phone is dead and the ONLY way my son knows how to get in touch with me - so who knows the state of his well being? Me? No ...

Y'all can e-mail me - but I pretty much won't give a crap and will probably just ignore that too.

Sorry, did that sound like I am a Little Shit?

Yes?

Well ALRIGHTY THEN ...

No - I'm talking about the wee bitty zero up there on the top:
Yeah - the 'Wee Hatless Wonder'? Seriously - HOW DO I MISLAY A LID? WHEN THEY ARE ALL NESTED?

I pretty much am too tired ... or something to give a crap so it shall remain 'Hatless' until Gary galiantly gallops in and saves the day. '
 
 
 I might even be so glad that it is not out dying in the grass or being mauled by the neighbors cat that I will tell Gary where I have stashed all of the cutlery ...


Sheeesh ....

No comments: