30 June 2012

Who Knew? And Blood Geysers ....


I have been lying in bed comatose since Sunday - that is seven whole days. Well, not really comatose, just really, really sick - fever, chills, sore throat, same old, same old. I have been very naughty and lax when it comes to my overall "Health Regimin" which includes jamming a needle in my thigh ... go figure I just haven't been in the mood for needle jammin' ...

So - I got myself up this morning and weave and wove my way to my desk to write a note that needed to be written weeks ago and decided that I needed to give myself the injection (that is, after asking Ryan if he would and he told me no, but bravely stood by, white faced and supplied moral support).

Thing is? You know that part where they say 'after jabbing in the needle, pull back on the plunger to make sure you did not hit a vein' part? Yeah - that part? Well today I decided that I just could not be bothered - if I jammed it into my thigh I was going to call it a victiory and plunge the crud in my thigh ...

Hmmmm - THE ONE TIME I fail to be diligent on this and the 'Needle Gods' on high decide to show me what happens (I am assuming) when you actually hit a vein. I pulled the needle out while covering the hole with my finger while I 'deftly' tried to open the band-aid (Ryan wasn't looking very good right here and he had actually rescued it from the floor after I dropped it - yeah - I live on the edge - I USE BANDAIDS THAT HAVE BEEN ON THE FLOOR). When I moved my finger there was a VERY COOL spray of blood - everywhere! BABY GEYSER!!!

Hmmmm....

That HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE ....

I deftly placed the bandaid over the spurting geyser and decided to go to bed. Halfway there I realized that the blood had run all the way down my leg, was leaving footprints on the floor and my night gown was COVERED.

*sigh*

This is a photo of it still bleeding 10 minutes after giving myself the injection:


Next time? I will most likely pull back on the damn plunger ...

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I also really never thought this would ever actually happen. Way to prove me wrong. Plus, bloody footprints always appeal to me (I like a good ghost story).