12 March 2014

My Eight Week IV Fun Fest



Real quick - I SWEAR ...

I got my Central Line installed - it broke my brain (see previous post if you are confused and / or you care) and I headed home three days later than planned since it snowed in Dallas and they could not start my Home Health Nursing Care because they could not drive my drugs to Houston ...

Problems like freak Winter storms became the norm of my 8 Week Count down.  My favorite was that I was using an Infusion Pump that said the software was written in 1987 - and it behaved EXACTLY LIKE something well beyond it's prime - malfunctioning more than it worked correctly.  It was fun!  Especially the part where they did not supply the User Manual - Fun, Fun, Fun Times!

I managed to take one semi-appropriate shot of me giving myself an injection.  Modesty - heck - actual taking a photograph - was not high on any list of mine at the time - I was just too sick to care:


Fun times ...

When the eight weeks were up - somehow we had accrued a two years supply of all sorts of medical supplies that we will (hopefully) never use again ...


Anybody need a hundred syringes of Heparin?


And since I am out of photos and I am not going to go into my two hospital stays - or the time I mostly ripped the catheter out (by accident) and had to go in and get it re-stitched up or the number of nights that I was so messed up I didn't dare go to sleep for fear I would die in my sleep ... Or any of a number of issues that I suddenly had to start dealing with ...

Take all that out of here and there really is not much left.

A SHORT POST!

Written by ME!

Who would have thought it possible?

Not me ...


THE END.

2 comments:

Cherri said...

Rough! I am so sorry that you had to deal with all that, and so glad you survived the ordeal and can now look back on it. If you had to do it again, you probably wouldn't, so it is good that we don't know our own future. I am happy you survived, and hopefully life will become worth living again.

Alisha said...

I don't even know what to say Lori. This seems like too much for one person to bear. What a helpless feeling. Any chance of finding some less crappy doctors?