03 September 2013

Because I am Going There Again in Two Days ...

I should probably mention that this post has a s*tload of photos. Just a warning.

I cannot believe that I have had these beautiful photos for three months. I see my Pain Doc every three months and my next appointment is Thursday. I feel it a crime not to post these beauties. Mainly because it combines two of my most favorite things to photograph:

Sunrises (or Sunsets)

and

Flowers

with a few FISHIES! thrown in for fun.


My lovely friend L was driving me since I am supposed to be entirely incapable of driving now that I have had seizures. Gary is in Korea this week, my buddies are vacationing so I am flying solo - without a net so to speak - and have decided to drive myself to my appointment on Thursday and my appointment on Friday - my beautiful friend 'B' is driving me to my appointment on Wednesday. Gee - golly - doesn't my life just sound SO FUN? Basically I only get out of bed to go to the Doctor. It is all rather pathetic and disgusting and I promise y'all don't want to hear about it so I will shut up.

That seems to be enough ...

I headed over to deposit a check and in a spate of insanity I decided to head into the Kroger and pick up a few things. By the time I got to the car and loaded my few bags I thought I was going to die. By the time I got home and had lugged it all into the house - I was pretty sure of it and went and collapsed in my bed for a half and hour. Thinking the entire time: "What the hell has happened to me?" Seriously - I can't even go grocery shopping without about killing myself ...

Ooops! Whining again. Now this is something I EXCEL at!


Sooooo my friend was driving me to my 7:30am appointment. I get the earliest because my doctor is so caring and kind that she takes all the time you need with her which spells huge delays as the day goes by. Also - this way I get to enjoy the usually beautiful Texas sunrise. This morning did not disappoint - and a plus!

I was not driving so I was not putting me and all the drivers around me in peril by snapping off shot after shot of that beautiful rising ball of fury.


As we started it was clear that today was going to be a winner so I rabidly snapped away ...










And then there it was - that rising ball of fury that I love to shoot straight on - just exactly as all the photograph magazines / manuals / tutorials tell you NOT to do:







But tell me this isn't a lovely shot:


Or this:


Or this:


Do I sound conceited? This isn't me - I am just pointing the camera - the sun and the buildings are doing all the work!



We had left early to avoid the rush and so we had some time to kill so we tried to find somewhere that I could continue to take photos of the sun and the buildings - but that was a bust.

What we did find was a lovely little area full of flowers!

The first place I wandered the sprinklers had just turned off - so lovely water droplet photo:



I have a thing for these types of lanterns - they remind me of all the street lamps in Prague ...


I then headed across the street to this lovely flower mecca. It looks a bit wonky - I built it from a combination of photos and Photoshop didn't get it just right so I put it in 'Warp' and tried to fix it. I got it looking a bit better - but something is wrong with it - every time I look at it I feel like my eyes are crossing and I am pretty sure that is not the goal of a photographers photo:


But - FLOWERS! Everywhere!








I fell in love with these leaves - I wish I knew what the plant was ...

And a posterized version because it is just so fun ...


More flowers:



One final shot and a sad goodbye to a little hidden floral utopia ...


And on to the docs office. Since I had to wait - I did what I always do and took photos of the fishies! They are super shy and seem to know when I have a camera - but every now and again I snap a curious little fellow:




Got in and out of the doctors, made my next appointment for 3 months in the future, picked up those Oh so important prescriptions, was abused by the evil (but thankfully not the 'incompetent') phlebotomist and we were off to the pharmacy!

Yeah - and that 3 month appointment - today I was EVER SO GRATEFUL for my complete and total lack of any sort of memory whatsoever. I could not remember if I had made it and I usually put it in my iPhone as I am making it and it was not there so I called today and it was for NEXT week - we had calculated wrong. Whoo Eeee! You have not lived until you are used to taking a very large amount of morphine and then have to go a week without it - it was a lovely save ...


I was telling my friend that every time I drove by the sunflowers that grow like weeds for very long stretches beside the tollway we were on that I never can get a good shot. And as quick as a wink, she put on her blinkers, slowed down, and stopped on the shoulder! I jumped out and snapped away!






We quickly arrived at the Walgreen's that generally is large enough to stock my very rare drugs and true to her wonderful form - she told me she would go in and drop them off while I took photos of the entrance - I was wistfully staring at it and she is a very perceptive lady ...


So - of course - more FLOWERS!



But I became enamored with the water ... what? Spouts? Every once and a while they would spout up in a very funky shape so I stood there and took hundreds of photos in the hopes of getting a few funky ones. Not great shots - but it was fun - and since there are a few - I played with filters in Photoshop just to add variety - each photo has had a filter applied to it - thus the differences.







My friend came out and said that they said it was going to take a few hours which was good that they had the meds but not so good because I was not driving and I did not want my friend to have to come back. I was hoping my friendly pharmacist that knows me was there and if I threw myself at her mercy maybe she would bump me up in the queue. I went in and she was in - so we got bumped up to 'In about an hour' so we headed over to the grocery store across the street because they have the most Über Wunderbar floral department in the world! The two florist were seriously my two bestest friends by the end of a two cart haul - which shall not be documented here - it will get a post all for itself!

Whew! Two whole posts and grocery shopping all in one day.

Seriously - I AM SUPER WOMAN!

And off to take a nap ...

2 comments:

peregrene said...

So grateful to hear from you--twice blest for your beautiful photos. You and Gary remain in our prayers daily.

Mary-Anne said...

The leaves you are curious about are a member of the Fern family. Don't ask me which member, I just know its a fern because they are all over my in-laws yard. So glad to see you blogging again because I was getting worried and thought you were back in the hospital. I, like your sister, love reading your blog and seeing all your photos and the fact that I am taking a photoshop class and get to see results like yours just makes me all the more happy :D