23 June 2011

Yeah ... Well ... It's Me

Hi!

My name is Lori Hurst and I used to be a blogger ...

Then things got really strange, then a twee bit stressful then I got sick ...

.... and then I got sicker. And, well - now I seem to be a different person. I have lost the ability to blog. I just don't know what to blog about. This might be due to the fact that my life is incredibly boring right now - but as I recall - that never stopped me in the past?

I have decided to work on this.

I don't really think there is anyone out there just waiting for me to type some prose ... no one cares, I get that ... except my parents and since they have been sorely in the dark for a bit now - I thought that I would keep blogging for them. Y'all are welcome to visit - but I am no longer assuming that anyone is ...

It has been a while and things have happened - so I will take a few days to catch up.

One thing is my photo taking. Since life is not just one never ending trip to and from Australia, I don't have all that much to take pictures of. Lets compare last year and this years stats of number of photos taken for the last few months, shall we?


Yeah ....


.... pretty much that sums it up! But also - I am just not into photo taking like I was. I don't know why - and I am assuming this is a temporary setback, but - well - it is what it is right now, so very few visual aids.

I found some photos that I took on April 23rd of this year THAT WERE STILL ON MY CAMERA. That says a lot right there. I RELIGIOUSLY take all photos that I have taken for the day off my camera sometime in the evening and review them. Since it is now June ... well - I will work on this.

I was SO WORRIED about Jessie moving, then I got really, really, REALLY weird about it ... and all for nothing. Her new home is wonderful. Her new staff is exceptional, and she is having a blast.

Here are some photos I took of her new home:







The last two are of Jessie's room. She has her own - I am not sure if she would like that or not - being the social butterfly that she is, but I like that it is a little more 'homey'.

She was being horrible right before she went to the house - screaming when it was time to go home that she didn't want to go back. As a mother, I can think of nothing worse than listen to your daughter beg to stay home with you as you drag her back to the place she now resides .... unless she is doing it just to be a butt. But I really couldn't tell, and thought it would end when she moved.

It did not, which led me to believe that, indeed, she was just yanking my chain - making my Sunday evenings horrible - feelings of guilt, being a horrible mother and just plain being sad and worried about my daughter took up hours of my time, followed by horrible nightmares. And all because she just felt like being a bum.

And these new folks?

ANGELS!

Since we were having such a hard time getting her back to the house, they DRIVE OUT AND PICK HER UP AND TAKE HER BACK. And she is all cool about that - in fact she is very excited to see them - thus the reason I know she is being a butt and not really freaked out about leaving our home and going to hers. I believe that is going the extra mile - and I now have stress free Sunday evenings after Jessie leaves since there is no tears, begging or sobbing (on both of our parts).

It is also easy for others to come and get Jessie - a HUGE improvement from RSS. So that makes anyone wanting to go get her and take her out for a few hours pain free. These people are WONDERFUL!

A photo of my 'little pill' taken the same day I photographed her home:



Well, I will try to move on to May tomorrow, or whenever ...

I thought I would mention since my last blog mentions me being sick and all the tests ... everything has come back normal except my
T Cells which are, again, precariously low - thus I am getting sick all the time. I am just a titch above my very first blood test with this doctor and at that time she said I was just a titch above 'death' in terms of how low my T Cells were, so things are not looking great, but I am hoping to see if we can improve those stats. We have tried most everything - injections, vitamins, herbs, but haven't found that magical thing that will produce more T Cells and get my immune system to something that will keep me out of bed - but we will keep on .... keepin' on ....




Later ....

8 comments:

Alisha said...

I've missed your posts. Sorry you've been so sick. And sick with worry. Can I help?

Laura said...

So glad to see a Lori post! I've missed them.

I'm so glad things are working out so well for Jessie. The house looks very nice and I'm glad the staff is so wonderful.

Sorry you've been so sick. I hope the doctors can figure out something to help you. Take care.

Kristie said...

I am so happy to get to hear from you again. I've missed your posts.

So sorry to hear that you have been so sick. If there is ever anything I can do for you, I would love to help.

Jesse looks great in that picture. Her house looks wonderful. Glad to hear that everything is good there.

Love ya!

Cherri said...

Thanks for being such a good hostess last week. It was fun to feel warm for the second time this summer - although if you noticed, i STILL have to wear a jacket with air conditioning. I must have ice water running through my veins! It was good to chill-ax and eat some great meals. See you in a month!

Robert said...

Lori, you are the only one of Laura's friends whose blog I read, so when you stop writing you wipe out 50% of the posts I read!

I don't really know what a blogger is anyway, but I know you have an interesting perspective that always helps me think about things in a different light.

Oh yeah, I like all the quirky camera stuff you do to fill up a night.

Rhonda said...

Welcome back! I've missed your posts and think of you often. Sorry about the health issues--that's so frustrating when they can't find a true diagnosis and treatment that works. Oh, I want a house like Jessie's....cute and spotless!

Jennifer said...

This is such awesome news about Jessie's home AND chauffeurs :) I'm glad that the worry and stress there has settled.

If you can blog at two titches above death, you are a blogger. Officially. I'm pretty sure it is recorded somewhere. I'm sorry for you, though, feeling so blechy.

Honestly, Lori, I love how you downplay yourself in the blogosphere, and we are all thrilled to hear from you! One day, you should just come on like the freaking headliner at a concert, "And now, the post you have all been waiting forrrrrrrrrrrr..... LORI HURST!! [applause appluse]" We'd dig it.

Never mind, I'm stealing that for my own blog. Which Robert doesn't read. He's lucky I ain't easily offended. He he he.

Vicki said...

So good to hear from you.

What great news about Jessie! I hope your T Cells start kicking into gear!