05 May 2011

Therapy

Look at me ... blogging and everything ...

Have had these photos for about a week and thought that I might as well get on with this blogging stuff.

Gary finished the night stands for the guest room / Ryan's room. They are ADORABLE! He made up the design to match the dresser and they turned out rather nice:


There really is not enough room for two in that room, but it seemed like a smart idea to make two at the time - therefore Jessie's room gets a lovely night stand also:


So ... the room is almost complete:



Gary is still hating the desk ... or what he disgustedly calls 'The Organ' since he thinks it looks more like a musical instrument. He has a plan to put it out at the top of our staircase and make shelves for the room. Another wood project for him!

And the title? This is most assuredly Gary's therapy. He says it is cheaper than the real thing (but with the price of oak these days ... iffy). Today he mentioned that it keeps him from beating the dog and the children - so another plus!


And as a side note: He got a belated birthday gift from me (who knew the darn things would take 6 weeks to ship?). It is an electric 'brander' to burn into his wood projects. I think it is cool that he can put his name and the year he built something on his projects:


Now to convince him to go 'brand' everything in our house ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm jealous.

Cherri said...

What a cool idea, to brand things. They will be a heirloom to pass down - Ryan, are you listening? That means you have to think eventually about having children!!!

Jennifer said...

I love the brand! He's so talented. I remember in high school my friend told me that her dad made her bedroom furniture. I was agog. I didn't know people could do that.

Kristie said...

I am in awe of the brand - Gary makes such gorgeous things - what a great way to label them!

Linda said...

Wow! Gary is so very talented. You are blessed!
I am forever astounded with the thought you put into the gifts you give. I wish I had that talent and ingenunity.

Court said...

Blogging mania! I love it.

And you and Gary are both seriously talented. Html/web design skillz, photography skillz, nunchucks skillz, computer hacking skillz, wordworking skillz...the list goes on and on.

I know where I'm headed when we're all supposed to be self-reliant...your house.