04 May 2011

Denmark ...


Wednesdays Pic of the Day comes to you from Copenhagen, Denmark. (And for those of you that saw 'Thursdays' up there earlier - yeah, yeah, yeah - I thought it was Thursday for at least 3 hours, before I started wondering why Gary was at YM/YW on a Thursday night ....)


If it seems as if I have a lot of photo apps for my iPad ... it is because I DO. I can't pass up a chance to play with my photos for 99 cents. Some people have asked me about what apps I like - so I am showcasing the ones I like the best here.

The one tonight is called 'Mobil Monet' and is rather fun.

Enter your photo, this one here from a town square right off of the famous 'Nyhavn', and it takes out all the color and leaves a 'posterized' version of the lines, grays and blacks. You can then mess around with the lines, amount of gray or black to make the 'drawing' more to your liking:



You then can adjust the brush size, then 'paint' in the color by swiping your finger across the areas you want to color. Here is just a wee bit of color:

Here I pretty much filled in all the color:


Original Pic:





I do have a lot of fun with these apps. They aren't Photoshop ... and usually only do one thing, but they are pretty darn good at doing it!

3 comments:

Cherri said...

Fun! I'm sending my future photos to you for your touch!

Linda said...

I am so excited to try this app. However, I realized that you first have to have amazing photos like yours to really appreciate the effects of the app. I may have to "borrow" some of yours in my files to give the apps a try.

Court said...

I'm a fan of a wee bit of color!