11 April 2011

Mantra, Moving, Messed up Monday ...


"Everything will be fine ..."

"Everything will be fine ..."

"Everything will be fine ..."

"Everything will be fine, breathe, breathe, breathe ..."

"Everything will be fine ..."

Hmmmm ... not working.

Jessie moves into her Pretty Little House, with her Pretty Little Bedroom and her Pretty Little Bathroom today.

I remember writing about this previously and when I went to find it - I was stunned to find out that I wrote it back in January. So long ago, yet feels like yesterday. That I titled it: Terrifying, Troubling, Tumultuous, Ticked-off Times Ahead showed that I had a clue that things might get .... dicey.

I re-read the post this morning and skipping the first half about Charlie, pills and trying to get them in her ... there comes a section titled: Terrifying, Troubling, Tumultuous Times (and Tunes) Ahead. It is where I explain that Jessie might be moving to that Pretty Little House and how I felt about it.

I also mention that there might be some 'crashing and burning' involved. This morning I thought back to that January day when I wrote that ... so naive ... so optimistic ... so clueless!

That crashing and burning?


SPECTACULAR.


I write about trying to find a 'softer landing'.

I didn't.


I will go visit her in her new home and see things are fine some time this week.

I will find my way out of this dark place that I seemed to have found myself stuck in.


Hopefully before the weekend. This weekend is the MS150 and both Gary and Ryan are riding in it. I am the transportation. I did this last year and after dropping Gary off, I went on ahead to La Grange taking photos of the wildflowers as I went.

As I think ahead to this weekend it bothers me that I could care less if I take photos of wild flowers. Don't even know if I will take my cameras.

So ... here is hoping that Jessie's move was the right thing to do and I find my way out of this mess ...




... the wildflowers are waiting.

7 comments:

Linda said...

I would love to go with you when you go to see Jessie, if you would like to have some company.

Court said...

I've been thinking of you. I'm sorry you are in a dark place.

Jennifer said...

I don't know if it was right, because I am not privy to that kind of info. But I know a little bit about you, as a mom. So I fully trust that it is right. And that you should pack your cameras. Just pack them. You don't have to take them out. But I think, and hope, you will see something exquisite this weekend that you will KICK yourself for not photographing if you don't have your cameras.

I will be praying for you.

Vicki said...

I would love to see pictures of Jessie in her new place! My thoughts are with you.

Cherri said...

So I never really understood the worry - are you afraid she will have a meltdown? I thought she liked it and they liked her. Did I miss something? ARe you just concerned because Jessie doesn't deal with change well?

Good luck this week, and take the cameras. I'm sure the flowers will call you.

Lori Hurst said...

Cherri,

Jessie takes change extremely well. I, on the other hand do not. This is a smaller environment - better for her ... as long as the staff treat Jessie well. I had the net of a large staff ar RSS - but not here. Me being a 'glass is half empty' type of gal - every awful scenario has gone through my head.

I just worry - and only have say so that they are wonderful, the say so of a mental equivalent of a three year old ... and my gut - and when it comes to my Jess and her well being - sometimes that's just not enough.

Cherri said...

So the worry is that you will make this change and then find out you don't like it and can't get her back in RSS? Or that she will be abused in some fashion?

Can you talk to parents of other house members?