31 July 2013

I've Been Published!!!


Well ... sort of.


But still ...


I'VE BEEN PUBLISHED!!!

It is a book that ExxonMobil had made. I am not super clear on what is in these, what they are for etc, etc, etc. It has pages of the top management, pages dedicated to construction, and on and on - a sort of documentation of the project. So ... maybe you cannot go buy one at Amazon - but I am counting it!

This is one of a million or so photos that I shot from our apartment balcony of a beautiful Australian sunrise:



This is one of the photos I took of the curious Koala that walked over to Gary and sniffed his pants:



Not a 'real' book, but still ...



I am generally not very clear on what, exactly, Gary does. I decided that maybe asking him would help!

On this project in Papua New Guinea Gary was the Engineering Manager over all Infrastructure and a few other things. I am assuming that means he was the 'Infrastructure Engineering Manager' but don't hold me to that ...

Thus he was over all roads, bridges, wharfs, etc, He also was over all earth moving tasks ... I am unsure if that always falls under Infrastructure or if this was 'in addition to'. Gary - if he ever gets around to reading this - will at some point grunt, roll his eyes, get up and come find me. At that point he will patiently re-explain it all to me and I will pass it on to you ...

Then we can all be confused together!


We found some pages with photos that helped visually show what he was 'managing'.



Lots and lots of earth was moved:





One of the bridges:


 


More bridges:




 
And more earth moved. I mentioned that you could see this on Google Earth. He agreed.


What a fun job! To be able to open up Google Earth - scroll in, point, and say: "I did that!"  Gotta be a fun feeling!



But for now - I am good - I will stick with the thrill of being 'published' ...

2 comments:

Just a thought... said...

Lori your photographs are beautiful and amazing. The only surprise is that you haven't been published before now! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see a book fully dedicated to your work. Glad to hear you are safely back home again. Take things easy and continue to get better. Hugs!

Unknown said...

I think Amazon.com should sell it - I would line up to buy it! Looks like a lot of exciting infrastructure going on! Cheers!