11 August 2012

Kids ... Don't Do This At Home ...


Went to my monthly doctors appointment last Thursday. Told myself that I WAS NOT going to take any photos while driving. It is dangerous and stupid. After my 'big swerve' (which I was not taking photos at the time) I vowed I need to stay more focused on the road, including the crazy drivers surrounding me.

Got in my lovable Tahoe, backed him out of the garage, and as I was exiting our 'hood', I saw this ... and maybe swore a wee little bit:


I TRIED to ignore it! I really, really tried, but somehow my purse was getting itself all unzipped, the camera found its way to my hands - having it's own zipper mysteriously being undone.

And, all of a sudden ... I was pointing my baby 'point and shoot' at the beautiful mist and colorful sky ...


I decided that it was worth it ...


I LOVED the mist - Gary has mentioned it and has suggested that I go up to Brazos Bend State Park (I think it is a state park ...) and get some photos of the deer and other critters up there. I tell myself I will, but somehow I have avoided it all summer - basically I had not even seen this mist until Thursday.


I was actually pretty restrained on the photo taking this time ... but still got some pretty photos - a compromise!


And on to the Westpark Tollway!




Up, up, up and over Hwy 59 ...


And if I had tilted down that yellow sign with the arrow pointing left, it would be pointing at the clump that is 'downtown Houston' hiding behind some ugly apartment buildings!

And would you look at the Transico Tower building (sorry, I don't know its new name ...) lined up between those two poles! I did that on purpose ... *nods sagely*



And here is a non-hidden shot of the clump that is 'downtown Houston'! Also - looking like Hwy 59 ends up right in its front porch - the towers of the medical center clear over on the right hand side of the photo. The medical centers skyline has changed drastically over the years. My old 'home away from home' ...


... don't miss it at all!

Down onto 59, then right back off again ...


almost there ...


Ahhhh, my FISHIES!!! I am a wee bit early so I took photos of my fishie buddies!

No safety issues here ...


I turned off the camera flash - not only are they the most skittish bunch of scardy fishies I've come across, I didn't want a pile of those lovely photos of glass reflecting the idiot that did not turn off the flash and nothing else ...


Turning off the flash slowed down the shutter speed, which gave the fish a pretty severe case of the 'fuzzies' but I also had some funky ones like this one - when I look at this shot, I can feel the movement ...


A packed bunch ... and I just realized - they are COLOR COORDINATED! They were either Royal Blue, Bright Yellow or Silver/Grey! I had never really thought about it, but now when I look at the photos - they do look lovely!

I, personally, think that who ever came up with this idea should seek therapy - but still: SO COOL!


My fave is a MIS-MATCH!!! Just look at those lips!

ADORABLE, no?


Had a few more photo opportunities that day, but they will have to come on another day.

2 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

what great photos of Houston. Kind of makes me miss it just a wee bit. NY has nothing on the mist of Houston. Yeah sure im 20 minutes from the coast to the north and south of me but still nothing compares to a Houston morning.

Cherri said...

tsk tsk tsk! Lovely photos though, and I loved your last fish and her lips! Maybe you turn into a fish prince if she kisses you?