04 May 2012

Playing Catch Up ...


Well since I have spent over a week semi-comatose and in La La Land, I started to get vigilant today in catching up. One part of that included uploading my photos into Lightroom and 'tagging' them - something I love EVER SO MUCH TO DO. But I saw a pile of photos that I had taken over the past few months that I was going to use in individual blogs ... which never got written.

So I am dumping them here - in some semblance of order.

Last year Gary became rather desperate for wood projects and found some designs for wooden toys that were duplicates of some of the equipment they are purchasing for the project he is working on in Iraq. So he thought that they would come in handy for awards, gifts, etc - for something - I have no clue. This is one of the three toy cranes that he made. It is WAY cuter than this photo portrays - I guess this was one of my many 'off' photography weeks when I really didn't care if I took a photo or not - it shows in the picture:


Now, his DOZERS are another story! I got some fun, wonderful photos of the finished dozers - the crane was not 'finished' - ie - deft oil, etc when I took its photo. The mahogany on these is just lovely don't you think?


He even has a photo someone sent him of a group of guys surrounding one in Iraq.





And - something very odd. Gary has a repeat guest in his shop. A lizard who has decided that the stool Gary just made on his lathe was his, and only his domain:


Stool lizard has a lovely view of all the surrounding terrain:


He has a rather strange tail:


And he was ... um, I think stoned ... or actually not feeling very well - he seemed to not be able to keep his eyes open:




He also - looking at his itty bitty ribcage needs to find more bugs and get off Gary's stool!


He refused to leave - even with much prompting - until we unceremoniously knocked him off ... he wandered over to the sawdust saying "Ew, ew, dusty, ew" ...


And I LOVED his hypnotic eye:


Gary is now being an actual SAINT and making kitchen cabinets for a family in our ward. Lucky them!


They are rather beautiful - and goes to show how desperate the man has become for his 'sawdust high' ...


Random photo I took on a sunny day straight up through one of our trees. Have I mentioned that I love the color green? All shades, all greens - love 'em, love 'em.


And, of course, my blog would not be complete without me playing around with HDR photography. I chose my "Angel Pile" on my computer desk where for some reason they have chosen to congregate:


I tried making them gold in this one - its a bit funky, but I like it:


And HDR in Black and White seems to be a winner too:


Well, my photos are uploaded (OK, so - I didn't tag this years - but I TAGGED ALL OF LAST YEAR which included Yellowstone, New York and Norway - so I am DONE for the day), my blog is written and that is enough to exhaust me these days, so off to bed I go ...

By, all




3 comments:

Cherri said...

The angels in gold tones remind me of the wreaths that mom would make from old IBM cards that she would form kind of a cone out of, pin to a styrofoam wreath form, and then spray paint gold. Awesome! Oh how I wish that Gary lived close enough to do MY wood projects. I loved those toy construction cranes, etc. He could make and sell for pretty good money, although the time he puts into them is probably pretty huge.

Vicki said...

I loved the wood working projects. How i would love to be able to create such treasures

I'm so glad you are feeling up to blogging!

Chelle said...

Those toys that Gary made are wonderful!! I wish I was that handy.