10 March 2012

Uggh ....


Oh, my goodness!

Was it only two days ago that I was actually THRILLED to be diagnosed with two viruses (mono and HHV-6) and put on anti-viral medication (among other things for my immune system)?

I remember this feeling, now ...

After going into anaphylactic shock on the IV medication I was giving myself, they yanked my central line and put me on high doses of whatever they were using to try to kill the Lymes raging throughout my body.

Didn't kill it ... almost killed me ....

So now we live in perfect symboisis - it has promised to stop munching on the cartilage between all of my bones (now that it is almost all gone and I have severe arthritis) and I won't try to kill it again. Seems to be going well - we are both still here ...

But those meds when I was trying to kill it - man - my stomach!

Uggh!

I was having a harder and harder time keeping my meds down and was sent to a gastroenterologist who shoved a camera down my throat. She then informed Gary and I that I had NO stomach lining left - and that it should be a problem for me, that is - if I wanted to keep food or medicine down .... digest food ... those sorts of things ...

Bummer - so more pills for the 'no stomach lining' thing and off the pills to try and kill the Lymes - we're buddies now, anyway ...

So - that feeling is back after TWO DAYS - count 'em - TWO: what? four or five pills? And here I am fighting that WONDERFUL feeling of wanting to lose my lunch - only - did I have lunch?

No!

Dude!

I am nauseated! Who wants to eat? But did get my meds in and know how to work it so I wont throw my meds up - a sort of 'life skills' I have learned in the past 20 years ...

It puts a kink on regular activity, though - pretty much trying not to throw up a bucket full of meds (yes, its a bit of a stretch - but not by much) takes about 90% of my waking effort.

I have a feeling this next 6 weeks until I get to go back and have the Evil Phlebotomist take her random amount of vials of my blood (somewhere between 15 - 20 I am going to assume ...) are going to be rather interesting ....



... and very non-productive ...

1 comment:

Shel said...

Thinking about you always my friend! I'm glad there are some names to what is wrong, but man it totally blows when the meds tear you up just as much!! I'm so sorry! I pray you are back on the road to recovery and feeling on top of the world... you sure do deserve it! Please know that if you need something... lets say you finally feel like a diet coke, or a certain food sounds good.. let me know.. I'm right here and can get it for ya'! Shoot me a text or call... 713-304-9165.. Luv ya',

Shelley