03 September 2013

Jessie's House

My dear, darling older sister wrote me a note last night and I happened to be on the computer. She said she had been checking my blog for updates and was discouraged there were none since she (wisely) surmised that meant that I was not feeling well.


I was STUNNED!


Someone was checking my blog?


MY BLOG?!?


That place I go and post a ton of photos, whine and basically spout nonsensical things?


That Blog?

I told her that I had taken hundreds of photos - even ill since - well, you can't go back and get them later, now can you? But that I had been too week and maudlin to write sweet, flippant, happy blogsy things. I added the word 'maudlin' because when I told my husband and then a day later my son that I was being 'maudlin' neither had any idea what I was talking about. Gary guessed it was a color ... like I was being ... mauve. What is wrong with people these days?

This blog is going to be a pictorial quickie - and for my mother.

She missed seeing where Jessie lived when they were visiting in May - yes May - and I am just getting around to it.

This was a Sunday visit when Gary was in Russia and I was on my own - so I loaded Charlie in the car - drove to Jessie's Home, grabbed my camera, told Charlie to wait ... and to not die in the heat then ran in and caught them off guard for wanting to take photos. We then left and piled in the car and then found a Mickey D's and broke the Sabbath in a wildly, greasy, splendid way.

Since I don't dare take Jessie out of the car for fear I won't get her back in - it is either go visit her at her home or go drive somewhere and eat in the car. I chalk it up to some sort of 'Ox in the Mire' rationalization - and pretty much basic "Jessie Survival Skills" and don't worry about it. Go ahead - JUDGE ME ...

I have a photo at the end of a spectacular photo I took while driving where I just pointed my camera behind me and caught both 'my girls'. Unfortunately this was mere days after the 'Hair Stylist From Hell' decided to go off the grid and - what looks like - basically shaved Jessie's head.

Seriously - WHO WOULD DO THAT?

He has been yelled at and fired but I feel that a minimum of 40 years in jail or a firing squad would have been more appropriate. Sadly - no one asked my opinion ... So sorry my daughter looks like some plumped up child recently released from some refugee camp.

So - Mom - here is where Jessie lives:


The Living Room:


The Kitchen:



Another shot of the Living Room from the kitchen. Sorry these are all a bit blurry since I turned off my flash - I did not want to startle the other house member.


And on to Jessie's beautiful bedroom. She has the Master Bedroom and a gorgeous sleigh bed:

She also somehow acquired a lovely big screen TV - I have no idea where it came from ...


Her closet and a TON of clothes. I do not recognize a thing ...


Her Master Bath:




One more shot of her bedroom. I believe she needs a wee bit more practice on making her bed. Clearly we need to buy her a toy box ...


And my lovely shot as we drove about looking for a place to break the Sabbath:

And that is it - where Jessie lives and seems incredibly happy. It is a relief, but even though she seems happy, I have to every minute of every day stop myself from coming up with scenarios where she is being yelled at, or hurt or worse - sometimes I don't realize that I am doing it and a full on panic attack looms - and I have to stop what I am doing and basically start screaming in my head: STOP IT! STOP IT! STOP IT! until the shakes are gone.

I guess that goes with having a child living out of the home who is basically mentally three years old and unable to articulate what she does every day - it is still a big dark black mysterious hole that I just have to try to not think about.

Mom - I hope this will help - sorry you didn't get to see it in real life ...

No comments: